It's Quiet - a new dawn

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by tolmie's hairdoo, 20 Mar 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueDeadHead

BlueDeadHead

Its not though. I know you think it is too attacking but a front 3 of Jesus, Mbappe, and Sanchez and a midfield four of Sane, Sterling, Carvalho, and Silva is a real possibility under Pep.

Add to that, I think Pep's statement that he didn't play them as wingbacks is semantics. If he played a back three with no fullbacks and did play two wingers; they by definition would play as wingbacks even if they were called wingers. Sane was constantly coming back to defend against Everton in October.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2017
  2. Murph

Murph

The 3 names you mention seem to be genuine targets but I think we can expect at least another 4 on top of that. Some on the fhe forum got a bit carried away picking fantasy teams with 7 attacking players for some reason.

3. Murph

Murph

You might have a point tbh.

4. Andouble

Andouble

Didn't want to start a new thread but CW tweeted the other day we were looking at Corentin Tolisso. Superb for Lyon today. Sounds Juve bound though, frustratingly enough.

5. LurkedMoar

LurkedMoar

Pep's hype-man
    lurking around the old back-alleys of bluemoon
    He would be worth the money and I doubt money will be such a limiting factor this window considering there are reports that we're willing to spend £50m on 29 year old Bonucci and £90m on 18 year old Mbappe!

6. cadds92

cadds92

GK, FB's, and a CB are absolute priorities first and foremost.

If we don't sort those positions out this summer you can have Messi and Ronaldo added to the attack, we still won't win anything.

7. Mayor West

Mayor West

Well, we probably would because we'd actually score from the chances we create!

8. Mid Wales blue

Mid Wales blue

And Athur Scargill as our world class striker ;-)

9. Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer

Off to see the wizard....
    Only one of those 3 mentioned is a cert, you can guess who...

We'll also spend more on what is needed, 2xfullbacks, 1xcb, 1xcm

Any attacker is a replacement and won't be out of our pockets, so to speak!!!

10. Trautmann's Chiropractor

Trautmann's Chiropractor

Fantastic player and hope the links are true. Versatile, tenacious and potentially world class. But if he was to come, who's place he would take? Fernandinho would be my guess but doubt he'll be out the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.