It's Quiet - a new dawn

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by tolmie's hairdoo, 20 Mar 2017.

1. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

Why sadly? You want both? Who doesn't :).

2. WallyA

WallyA

Everybody is saying Pep won't do this, but you'd be surprised, I think a 442 or more likely 4411 is very much a possibility. It was his most used formation at Bayern.

LB-CB-CB-RB
    Sterling-DM-Silva-Sane
    Jesus Aguero

Or whoever the two strikers are. Pep has often used Alcantara in the exact same role Silva does for our team (as one of the CMs, next to a DM), then plays Muller behind Lewandowski, or Jesus behind Aguero/Mbappe (whoever).

3. ojeme

ojeme

Yeah I actually agree with you on the point that we tend to put Pep in a straightjacket but I truly believe that among the most certain qualities in a Pep team is control. Energy levels required to play CM all by oneself next to a DM in the EPL is no child's play and even though I think Silva can do the job, I fear he may get burned out much sooner than desired.

4. Murph

Murph

I actually hope we try this out before the seson ends. Fern plays the DM, with Jesus off Aguero. You can call it 4411 or 4231, it's a line up I like a lot.

5. Sunset

Sunset

This is the dream.

6. bluesingh

bluesingh

I don't like that lineup without Kev, so it's a no from me ;/

7. IWasHere

IWasHere

How anyone can take him out is beyond me

8. Murph

Murph

Be plenty of games for all over a full season. Kev could play behind the striker role, arguably his best position? Or right wing/mf.

9. Sunset

Sunset

Ideally if we get Fabinho we can also play an even heavier attack, with him slotting in at RB, shifting between DM and RB. Swap out Fernandinho with KDB and Silva for Gundogan depending on how much steel we need.

10. WallyA

WallyA

Kev is great in that he can play so many roles in that formation, the CM (silva spot), CAM (jesus spot), and RW (sterling spot). We absolutely need rotation and kev fills in so many spots. I think Roberts helps in this case as well. Two strikers gives Nacho the chance as well. I think it utilizes our squad better than two floating 8s.