It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point about CBs. Didn't really think about it but going for a cheap backup option is also possible. Pepe would be a solid pick.

About Ederson, that makes sense. Read that they were asking for 60m which is outrageous.

Your list has us at about 230m. Last summer we spent 180m I believe. Really think we will spend a lot more this one. Tolmie also hinted that we will be splashing the money this summer.

When does he not and when do we not? 200m IS splashing the cash and that's how much I expect us to spend (gross)

Even if we bring in 100m in sales this summer some of that will be to 'cover' last year's high net spend.

Maybe I'll be wrong this year but I've worked on the general rule, based on the accounts, that on average we'd have about 25m extra a year to play with.

Only way I can see 300m is if Aguero is sold and we replace him with Mbappe/Neymar/Messi

I don't think Kola is good enough because if we have Champions League games in that stretch or have important PL games against top 5-6 sides, Kolarov at LB will be targeted and will cost us goals and points/gamsrd like he has this season. A major liability at LB and those 10-15 games can easily determine if our season will be a good one or not.

I meant that he plays that number of games across the season rather on the trot. As you said, Semedo's ability to cover on the left would make him an ideal signing.

Ederson 40, Walker 40, Sandro 50, Fabinho 40, Sanchez 50 , so £230 mill there, we may or may not pay for another cb,. I think you're right and Toure will,stay but if not would expect another midfielder. So we might not spend £300 mill , but it is possible.

Think outside of Sanchez fee those fees could be whittled down closer to 200m overall. eg. Fabinho has been promised he can leave and he wants City thus 40m seems overly pessimistic ...tho this is Txiki so maybe you'll be right

I'm not his greatest fan, but would signing him not help in fulfilling the homegrown quota, or do you simply mean financially?

I just mean signing 2 expensive/1st choice RBs would make no sense.

He meant Carvalho (Sporting DM), not Carvajal (Real Madrid RB)

Should cost nowhere near 250m
Toure stays

Maybe Seluk,just being Seluk?

Asked by TMW about Ivorian star defensive midfielder Yaya Touré's future, 34-year old's agent, Dimitri Seluk, stated: "A new contract with Manchester City? I can't say that's impossible, but, so far, he's about to become a free agent. There are of course tons of clubs willing to sign him. We are appraising all the proposals we've been submitted, and soon we'll be making a decision. Of course signing him would be expensive, and not any club can afford it. Italy? That's a country he loves, and Serie A is a top-notch league. He'd sure like to keep playing in Europe, though there are not a lot of clubs really able to sign him. Bayern Munich, for example, are the only Bundesliga side fit to have him join. We are definitely not taking either China or USA into account".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.