It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's our most used formation by a mile...most of our victories came with it, and the main reason we lost some games with it was because we got stung with Yaya's lack of mobility when losing the ball, Fabinho addresses that.
Yes, we won lots of games against lesser teams with it, I'm not denying that. But it didn't work against decent teams, it got badly exposed. Blaming it all on Yaya's legs is pretty disingenuous as well as Kev was as much to blame as anyone.

I've no issue using it against lesser teams who will cede possession, but if the other team is actually going to battle in midfield then we need the balance we had in the Barca game

Yes, we won lots of games against lesser teams with it, I'm not denying that. But it didn't work against decent teams, it got badly exposed. Blaming it all on Yaya's legs is pretty disingenuous as well as Kev was as much to blame as anyone.

I've no issue using it against lesser teams who will cede possession, but if the other team is actually going to battle in midfield then we need the balance we had in the Barca game

I'm pretty confident that If we played the Barca game again now, Pep wouldn't put Silva on the wing, he'd play Sané who just wasn't fit.

Any defensive exposure in that formation last season is covered for with a proper pair of fullbacks and a genuine defensive midfielder.

That is the difference in getting stung in some big games and not.

I'm pretty confident that If we played the Barca game again now, Pep wouldn't put Silva on the wing, he'd play Sané who just wasn't fit.

Any defensive exposure in that formation last season is covered for with a proper pair of fullbacks and a genuine defensive midfielder.

That is the difference in getting stung in some big games and not.
Don't agree, Kev just isn't good enough in the middle in those big games for me, not with Silva alongside him. If Kev steps up his game then maybe, but he was a liability in some of those games when the pace got up and he got pressed, he couldn't handle it.

Don't agree, Kev just isn't good enough in the middle in those big games for me, not with Silva alongside him. If Kev steps up his game then maybe, but he was a liability in some of those games when the pace got up and he got pressed, he couldn't handle it.

So now the problem is De Bruynes ability on the ball?

So now the problem is De Bruynes ability on the ball?
In the middle against top opponents, it was a big issue, especially combined with his lack of defensive contribution. Maybe you can get away with having less defending in your midfield if you are completely passing the other team off the park, but Kev was losing it for fun in those tight spaces time and again

So many potential options if that came off.

. . . . . . . . . ...... EDERSON.....
.. WALKER.. KOMPS.. STONES.. SANDRO

DE BRUYNE.... FABINHO...... SILVA....

JESUS............... SERGIO.......... SANCHEZ

Without Sane and Sterling ? And who is going to be the substitute striker ?
I thing that we won't see both Jesus ang Kun in a formation like this

Should be good against the rags then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.