It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we could even be getting the Toffees out again this summer.

Ross Barkley is in the final year and will be sold if he doesn't sign.

He has improved a lot this season, and particularly this calendar year, but I can't help but feel that's a signing because Pep wants an English core of players.

12 months ago I'd have been disgusted at the prospect, but now I'd only be mildly disappointed.

I think we could even be getting the Toffees out again this summer.

Ross Barkley is in the final year and will be sold if he doesn't sign.

I should really have texted you this but fuck it. Was talking to someone I know, a DJ, who knows Ross pretty well. My mate the DJ is an Arsenal fan so has no horse in the Barkley race. He reckons Ross has been tapped up by Klopp and that he is gonna run his contract down.

He has improved a lot this season, and particularly this calendar year, but I can't help but feel that's a signing because Pep wants an English core of players.

12 months ago I'd have been disgusted at the prospect, but now I'd only be mildly disappointed.

It's a move he has hoped to realise for a couple of years. He won't cost more than £20m due to his contract status and is best buds with John Stones.

I'm not surprised Spurs are trying to get him.

Fabinho and Mbappe could effectively cost £100m, I read before that Isco is close to renewing his contract which is a huge blow if true.

The bonus of selling Kun is we can get the best part of £70m for him, which is handy with the cash we need to splash this summer.

One of Isco/Dahoud is absolutely essential this summer. I know we have Gundogan, but a long term successor to Silva, and a short term rotation player for Gundogan/Silva/KDB is one of the most glaring holes in our squad.

As for Kun, I don't think even the most conservative estimate would be south of £70 million, and City would have no problems finding a buyer, but whether club needs cash, wants to sell the face of their franchise and can find a suitable replacement is another story.

Move on Kun yet fail to land an Mbappe/Dybala type and you end up with the ultimate egg on Pep's face and no sufficient insurance on the Sane-Jesus-Sterling formula.

I should really have texted you this but fuck it. Was talking to someone I know, a DJ, who knows Ross pretty well. My mate the DJ is an Arsenal fan so has no horse in the Barkley race. He reckons Ross has been tapped up by Klopp and that he is gonna run his contract down.

He will be sold this summer. Everton aren't hanging around if he refuses to sign.

Barkley would have to have big bollocks to sit tight for 12 months in a World Cup year, with no game time and a move to Liverpool on the cards.

City and Spurs are faves IMO.

It's a move he has hoped to realise for a couple of years. He won't cost more than £20m due to his contract status and is best buds with John Stones.

I'm not surprised Spurs are trying to get him.

Would make Rooney -> Everton more likely if Barkley leaves too, as Rooney would essentially be replacing him like-for-like.

He will be sold this summer. Everton aren't hanging around if he refuses to sign.

Barkley would have to have big bollocks to sit tight for 12 months in a World Cup year, with no game time and a move to Liverpool on the cards.

City and Spurs are faves IMO.

I think they'll know which is why Koeman came out so strong the other week that he signs or is sold.

Can't see where he fits at Spurs with Alli already there - plus don't see him moving to London. He's a proper northern lad.

One of Isco/Dahoud is absolutely essential this summer. I know we have Gundogan, but a long term successor to Silva, and a short term rotation player for Gundogan/Silva/KDB is one of the most glaring holes in our squad.

As for Kun, I don't think even the most conservative estimate would be south of £70 million, and City would have no problems finding a buyer, but whether club needs cash, wants to sell the face of their franchise and can find a suitable replacement is another story.

Move on Kun yet fail to land an Mbappe/Dybala type and you end up with the ultimate egg on Pep's face and no sufficient insurance on the Sane-Jesus-Sterling formula.

I would say the most glaring gap in the squad right now, with everyone fit, is a lack of suitable replacement for Sterling/Sané.

We saw vs. Stoke how losing one of them just kills our style of play. Roberts may be an option, if not we need someone else. 5 players for the front 3 is the necessary depth I think, Navas and Nolito just don't cut it.

I think they'll know which is why Koeman came out so strong the other week that he signs or is sold.

Can't see where he fits at Spurs with Alli already there - plus don't see him moving to London. He's a proper northern lad.

I agree and not withstanding your Liverpool info, I see City and Barkley being right time, right place, for each other.

Especially so, if you consider Pep having previously explored the Wilshere option?

Barkley doesn't need to uproot and has plenty going for him at his age. Could see wanting to impress under Pep.

We were being quoted £50m just 18 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.