It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and not withstanding your Liverpool info, I see City and Barkley being right time, right place, for each other.

Especially so, if you consider Pep having previously explored the Wilshere option?

Barkley doesn't need to uproot and has plenty going for him at his age. Could see wanting to impress under Pep.

We were being quoted £50m just 18 months ago.

My worry with Ross is that I think he really needs to keep playing under a good coach. I'd hate to see him come to City and do a Delph where two years in we find the manager doesn't rate him and he's barely kicked a ball.

If Pep is ready to take him on as a project ala Sterling/Stones then I'm all in to do it. Would prefer it in fact to Dahoud or Isco simply on nationality. Pep's such a good coach I believe he can elevate attacking players in particular so I don't see any reason why Barkley couldn't progress to a level that would make him good enough to play for us in the long term with Pep in his ear.

On the pod the other day I figured we will be down to 17 first team players once everyone is sold/released/loaned and we will be looking at an incoming of 8 into the first team. We may get one or two from the EDS but mainly I reckon that'll be purchases.

Biggest summer since takeover in terms of actual number of players and spending?

My worry with Ross is that I think he really needs to keep playing under a good coach. I'd hate to see him come to City and do a Delph where two years in we find the manager doesn't rate him and he's barely kicked a ball.

If Pep is ready to take him on as a project ala Sterling/Stones then I'm all in to do it. Would prefer it in fact to Dahoud or Isco simply on nationality. Pep's such a good coach I believe he can elevate attacking players in particular so I don't see any reason why Barkley couldn't progress to a level that would make him good enough to play for us in the long term with Pep in his ear.

On the pod the other day I figured we will be down to 17 first team players once everyone is sold/released/loaned and we will be looking at an incoming of 8 into the first team. We may get one or two from the EDS but mainly I reckon that'll be purchases.

Biggest summer since takeover in terms of actual number of players and spending?

It would certainly appear so.

Going back to Barkley, I remember him being touted as a Yaya replacement?

He wouldn't clash with Dahoud, as he's very much a deeper midfielder and Barkley's definitely not - but Barkley would still be competing with at least Silva, KDB and Gundogan when fit.

If he wants to play every week under a good coach then he should stay put.

I think they'll know which is why Koeman came out so strong the other week that he signs or is sold.

Can't see where he fits at Spurs with Alli already there - plus don't see him moving to London. He's a proper northern lad.

Barkley would be absolutely perfect if we couldn't get Isco, a cheap but very talented English player who's considerably better than the likes of Delph.

We've needed a big, big summer for quite some time now so this really has to be it and it has to be players who are ready for the first team squad and to be regular starters. They should still mostly be young players that Pep can mold but it's not summer for buying kids who immediately get farmed out.

Barkley might fit the bill and I would not be unhappy to see City risk £20m or less on him but he is a risk...

Barkley and Rose?

latest

He wouldn't clash with Dahoud, as he's very much a deeper midfielder and Barkley's definitely not - but Barkley would still be competing with at least Silva, KDB and Gundogan when fit.

If he wants to play every week under a good coach then he should stay put.

I think Silva/KDB have played too much this season so I think there's room for Ross to get games. Especially as I don't think that Gundogan is going to ever be the player he was or the player we thought we were signing. He was already slower and less dynamic before this injury. I fear for his career with us in the long term although I am praying that i'm wrong!

I think Silva/KDB have played too much this season so I think there's room for Ross to get games. Especially as I don't think that Gundogan is going to ever be the player he was or the player we thought we were signing. He was already slower and less dynamic before this injury. I fear for his career with us in the long term although I am praying that i'm wrong!

Disagree with you over Gundogan I think he was well on his way back to his Dortmund form when the new injury happened and while I agree those 2 have played too much, if we bring in another and then Gundogan does stay fit then immediately we get some unhappy players on the bench. We'll essentially be gambling that someone gets hurt.

The prospect of having Rose, Stones, Sterling and Barkley in the team would be an interesting one though...to be honest I've gone right off seeing City players in England shirts, too much pressure and abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.