It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bolded: I struggle to see how Leicester will sell for that amount. Sixty might be closer to the fair price but I really doubt that they'll deal at fair price on this one. They know the player has got 2 plus years more to the expiry of his contract and so they have most of the cards if not all.

I can’t see any other club paying more tbh. They can ask for £90m but they are not going to get it.

Mahrez can just go through the motions. Arsenal admitted it was a mistake not to sell Sanchez to us and while Riyad has more time on his contract, they could regret not selling him.

Let’s see how he does for the rest of the season.

In:
Gunn (free)
Maffeo (free)
Fabinho (65m)
Leon Bailey (55m)
Total in: 120m

Out:
Hart (5m)
Bravo (7m)
Danilo (18m)
Mangala (12m)
Denayer (5m)
Pablo Mari (2m)
Kayode (3m)
Roberts (15m)
Celina (10m)
Total out: 77m

Net spend: 43m

Like the general idea, but I’d be amazed if anyone paid that amount for Pablo Mari.

Anyone fancy a bid for Lascelles?
Depends on Komps' health. I think a summer bid for him or J Evans is a possibility, the team needs 4th choice CB.
But JE's price will drop to €3m if WBA are relegated. How much would Lascelles cost?

I can’t see any other club paying more tbh. They can ask for £90m but they are not going to get it.

Mahrez can just go through the motions. Arsenal admitted it was a mistake not to sell Sanchez to us and while Riyad has more time on his contract, they could regret not selling him.

I get your point but these days, with the amount of money in the epl and consequent increasing ability of clubs to stand by their decisions and not budge, I'm not sure we can pull this one with £60m.

The so called smaller clubs are becoming less desperate and except the player has a short period to expiry of his contract, they'd usually call the buying clubs' bluff especially where they know that its hard for the affected player to go AWOL for 2 and a half years.

If that player is so crucial for them and they are in some kind of close contest e.g. relegation battle, this is another kettle of fish entirely.

I reckon they'll only sell for £60m if a player like P. Roberts is added to the deal.

Van Dijk to Liverpool is a case in point.

Last edited:
Depends on Komps' health. I think a summer bid for him or J Evans is a possibility, the team needs 4th choice CB.
But JE's price will drop to €3m if WBA are relegated. How much would Lascelles cost?
I was wondering the same. He`s English and only 24, and if Kompany continues to get injured, I would much rather have Lascelles than Evans. Was outstanding today against the rags.

Id go for demarai gray 21 and bags of talent and classed as homegrown.

Lol! We don’t need anymore than that imo Dax. The best thing is this team will be even better next season as Leroy, gabby, Laporte all more experienced again and mendy back flying! Young hungry stars to join in the key areas and we will be even better next season
I don't disagree. I think it should be DM and a speedy wide/forward.

I don't think Mahrez actually is that player, but I appreciate he is very talented.

Fred: Coz it seems it's done
Werner: Seems to have all the qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.