It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made a video where I discussed how our squad could look in 2018/2019 if we made a few choice signings... it's here if anyone fancies a watch!

Good analysis but something I feel we really need to look at in the summer is David Silva's future replacement, it's going to leave a huge hole as it is so I think we need to get him in this summer and start to feed him in so it's seamless when the inevitable does happen. In my opinion the only player that currently has the same mindset and can get anywhere near filling his boots would be Isco, I think he would be perfect in that role and very attainable considering his current situation at Madrid.

Good analysis but something I feel we really need to look at in the summer is David Silva's future replacement, it's going to leave a huge hole as it is so I think we need to get him in this summer and start to feed him in so it's seamless when the inevitable does happen. In my opinion the only player that currently has the same mindset and can get anywhere near filling his boots would be Isco, I think he would be perfect in that role and very attainable considering his current situation at Madrid.
I thought we had that covered with B.Silva?

Don’t think you can replace what Silva brings we will just play different.

Always though Diaz is more like silva than anyone I’ve seen he is just hasn’t the experience also like above B Silva can play there. Silva the best I’ve ever seen at keeping the ball in a congested midfield

Always though Diaz is more like silva than anyone I’ve seen he is just hasn’t the experience also like above B Silva can play there. Silva the best I’ve ever seen at keeping the ball in a congested midfield
Exactly there is no like for like replacement for Silva. Think gundogan will be stepping into the role more next season with Silva being "managed" more due to his age and ankles the man has been unreal this season.

We got Gundogan and Bernardo already more than ready to step up and Foden is will be given a couple of years. Admittedly they’re not David Silva quality but who is.

There’s not a single player in the world as good as he is at what he does, we’ll just have to adapt and get the best out of whoever takes over and play to their individual strengths. We had too much of his shit with Yaya with everyone saying he’d be impossible to replace, it’s complete bollocks.

This is my point, out of all the players out there I believe the addition of Isco wouldn't impact that much on the way we play

Assuming Fred is done and the fee is around £45 million, our squad is very near to being complete with plenty left in the bank. Players like brahim and foden (if we don't loan them out) will hopefully get more game time if we win the league early and go into next season as more valuable squad players. Delph and mendy is enough at left back for me, so we would have no significant weakness in our squad bar being light in the forward positions. Surely it's finally time we really push the boat out and sign a truely world class forward in the mould of dybala or griezmann, someone with quality to play across the front positions and take us up a level. I think the one thing we lack is that player who produces something out of nothing, bar the odd moment from de bruyne or sane. For all the money we have spent, we have really helped our best players become world class rather that buy them at that level, surely the summer is the time to change that. If we get Mahrez I for one will be very underwhelmed, we can do much, much better.

Assuming Fred is done and the fee is around £45 million, our squad is very near to being complete with plenty left in the bank. Players like brahim and foden (if we don't loan them out) will hopefully get more game time if we win the league early and go into next season as more valuable squad players. Delph and mendy is enough at left back for me, so we would have no significant weakness in our squad bar being light in the forward positions. Surely it's finally time we really push the boat out and sign a truely world class forward in the mould of dybala or griezmann, someone with quality to play across the front positions and take us up a level. I think the one thing we lack is that player who produces something out of nothing, bar the odd moment from de bruyne or sane. For all the money we have spent, we have really helped our best players become world class rather that buy them at that level, surely the summer is the time to change that. If we get Mahrez I for one will be very underwhelmed, we can do much, much better. Don t agree with this at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.