It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My predictions are:

Bailey
Max
Wiegl
Hazard

I think those 4vwill give us the best squad in Premier League history.

In terms of outs... Toure, Mangala and maybe Danilo. Would like to see Foden go to somewhere like Bournemouth on a years lone. A few of the other kids like Diaz and Tosin need loans but would prefer England or Scotland to keep the Spanish clubs away.

My predictions are:

Bailey
Max
Wiegl
Hazard

I think those 4vwill give us the best squad in Premier League history.

In terms of outs... Toure, Mangala and maybe Danilo. Would like to see Foden go to somewhere like Bournemouth on a years lone. A few of the other kids like Diaz and Tosin need loans but would prefer England or Scotland to keep the Spanish clubs away.

Admire the ambition but you’re looking at spending around £400m with about £25m in sales.

What do you think these 4 will go for in the present market?

Reckon Bailley would go for around £50m-60m, Max at £30m, Weigl at £50m and as much as I’d love Hazard we won’t get him for anything under £250m. I really doubt Chelsea would sell to us even at that price anyway.

FWIW I think the only first team players we bring in will be a winger who can play across the front line and a deep lying midfielder, with a few young players brought in too. Unless the rotation players like Danilo and Bravo want out.

Weigl for 100 milion. He will be our big signing. Leao for about 35 million, Gomez from PSG on a free and that's it I suspect. Have to think about champions league squad of 17 foreign players. We are extremely tight for space. Ideally you do not want to leave anyone out. I know Muric now qualifies as homegrown but if you include zinchenko in squad we still use all 17 foreign spots. This means players will have to leave/left out of squad . For me Yaya will leave, Weigl to replace him,after that I don't know who will leave. It would be bad to sell zinchenko given the good season he has had but I suspect if we bring in another foreign player then he will be the one sacrificed. Or Kompany may be dropped for the champions league squad.

Alright guys I need your help!

Every year in March me and my best friend (a red for his sins) have a bet on which 6 players we think our clubs will sign in that summer window. The winner has to take the other for a meal out in Manchester. Normally I can do this without any help but this year I’m struggling!

So my question is:

If you had to guess our 6 most likely signings for this summer, who would they be?
We won't sign that many players.

Weigl for 100 milion. He will be our big signing. Leao for about 35 million, Gomez from PSG on a free and that's it I suspect. Have to think about champions league squad of 17 foreign players. We are extremely tight for space. Ideally you do not want to leave anyone out. I know Muric now qualifies as homegrown but if you include zinchenko in squad we still use all 17 foreign spots. This means players will have to leave/left out of squad . For me Yaya will leave, Weigl to replace him,after that I don't know who will leave. It would be bad to sell zinchenko given the good season he has had but I suspect if we bring in another foreign player then he will be the one sacrificed. Or Kompany may be dropped for the champions league squad.
Think if we got Leao and Gomez they would both go out on loan until Aguero and Fernandinho move on So we would still have room for a wide forward to cover Sane and Sterling.

Think if we got Leao and Gomez they would both go out on loan until Aguero and Fernandinho move on So we would still have room for a wide forward to cover Sane and Sterling.

But which 17 foreign players would you include in our champions league squad next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.