It's time to buy a new computer.

Just for making me feel old for having the mighty Commodore 16 plus 4......sorry :)

16h6b6f.jpg

6878td.jpg
That is funny as fuck hehehe. The Zotac 1050TI 4GB runs nicely at 75 watts, a 550watt psu will be more than adequate good sir.

That is funny as fuck hehehe. The Zotac 1050TI 4GB runs nicely at 75 watts, a 550watt psu will be more than adequate good sir.

Thanks for that pal.It must have a lower power draw than other cards I have seen.
The 650 power unit would have been better for the extra eight pounds but no worries.

The existing comp sports a 500 unit but is acting the pan on boot up.Fan vibrates heavy for five minutes or so so not long for this world.
Corsair are a good outfit and I like their power unit and cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the pascal architecture is very efficient, i use one myself to run mpc-hc with madvr and hdr on my asus 4k monitor for a faithful replica of the original 4k file. Pound for pound there is no better card imo. Unless you have loads of power greedy peripherals i think monsieur Taxi should be fine for the foreseeable future.

What i do suggest is a an anti static wrist attachment and to clean the inside of your pc every few weeks and at least once a year strip it down and wipe it down with lint free cloths. I use the missis old stockings and an elaccy band over the end of the vac nozzle to vac the main crap of it and ear buds to clean the cpu radiator. I also keep a pretty good air filter next to my pc intakes to double up of air quality passing over my unit.

This is what i have should you ever consider such a solution...

It's a pny version.The zotac was slightly better value but out of stock until next week.
Looking forward to putting it through it's paces with the new Doom.

One Usb and sound on the front of case was acting the pan so tried one from an old case.
It's not playing cricket and is out of line so I am opting for a fresh case.Side has a small dent or two.
The main computer componants will all be transfered over.
Motherboard ram processer et all and the drives and the hd which is a terrabyte.
Like you say a chance of a good wash and brush up too.
Corsair 100 r ordered with viewing panel.
Less than two and a quarter for all new componants and the machine gets a new revitalised lease of life.
Old case will be tidied and kept as a spare.And then sort out the new comp ...

Can't see your picture ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pny version.The zotac was slightly better value but out of stock until next week.
Looking forward to putting it through it's paces with the new Doom.

One Usb and sound on the front of case was acting the pan so tried one from an old case.
It's not playing cricket and is out of line so I am opting for a fresh case.Side has a small dent or two.
The main computer componants will all be transfered over.
Motherboard ram processer et all and the drives and the hd which is a terrabyte.
Like you say a chance of a good wash and brush up too.
Corsair 100 r ordered with viewing panel.
Less than two and a quarter for all new componants and the machine gets a new revitalised lease of life.
Old case will be tidied and kept as a spare.And then sort out the new comp ...

You could get shit parts and make a home fileserver with your old chassis if you have some stuff lying around, i have a few bits lying around you can have for nowt if you decide to. I do not trust amazon/netflix or anyone basically besides myself to deal with my media but and it is a rather costly but, i pay a pretty penny for it to be all housed in top end data centres. The next best is your own home or indeed to many it is the best solution. The hardware can be on it's arse as long as the hdd's are ok your sorted.

Give us a shout if your considering that and i'll dig some parts out :-)

You could get shit parts and make a home fileserver with your old chassis if you have some stuff lying around, i have a few bits lying around you can have for nowt if you decide to. I do not trust amazon/netflix or anyone basically besides myself to deal with my media but and it is a rather costly but, i pay a pretty penny for it to be all housed in top end data centres. The next best is your own home or indeed to many it is the best solution. The hardware can be on it's arse as long as the hdd's are ok your sorted.

Give us a shout if your considering that and i'll dig some parts out :-)

Thanks appreciated.

Ok tech savy people, I'm after some advice about buying both daughters a lap top for Christmas. They are at sixth form and basically need them for assignments and internet use. I don't really know where to start. What would be a reasonable price/ model? I was thinking perhaps £250 each or would this be too low, ie would they get miles more useful stuff if I spent a few more quid? Am I best buying it sooner or waiting nearer to Christmas? Any help much appreciated. Oh my younger daughter was dropping hints about a smaller laptop but not a notebook...

Thinking of splashing out and buying a Dell XPS laptop, the specs look great for an ultra book but just wondering if anyone has any experience of them. It has NVidia 1050 graphics and when I look at the other laptops of similar spec they seem to have a lot more cooling vents. Just concerned if they have any overheating issues.

Thinking of splashing out and buying a Dell XPS laptop, the specs look great for an ultra book but just wondering if anyone has any experience of them. It has NVidia 1050 graphics and when I look at the other laptops of similar spec they seem to have a lot more cooling vents. Just concerned if they have any overheating issues.
I've had an xps15 for 18months and had no overheating problems. It's the older model with 960 graphics. Very nice laptop with the best screen I've ever used (4k touch).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.