It's time to buy a new TV

The bloke from a panasonic only broker was the one that told me LG had perfected the art of reasonably priced 3d screens and most of the majors were using them.

Regardless they had a service where a engineer would come round and *tune the screen to its optimum for your house instead of having the defaults that are "best guess"

Good evening Mr Sprout.
Lg although not commanding top brand presence are indeed a very very respectable manafacturerer of electricals.

When tellys are in the showrooms they have a tendency to set them to unrealistic levels of brightness and contrast for demo purposes. But this does not demonstrate realistic viewing levels or rep[resent in true detail what you are actually seeing. Always better to recalibrate and the easiest calibration you can make it to set it to cinema mode with the odd tweak thrown in.

Even if you are not in the market for a new tally you can improve your own lot dramatically.
Have a look at the waterfall video presentation in the link below because this demonstrates the issue perfectly.

I have never recalibrated in the past and trusted that the manufacturers have set up everything up for me.
But they never did and just calibrated to sell tv units in a shop environment !

Here is AV forums to explain it more eloquently than I could ever do.
This is the best info I have gleaned over the last few days and hope it can go some way to help others Cellarites with their viewing pleasures.

https://www.avforums.com/article/best-tv-settings-football-sports.10367

Last edited:
Good evening Mr Sprout.
Lg although not commanding top brand presence are indeed a very very respectable manafacturerer of electricals.

When tellys are in the showrooms they have a tendancy to set them to unrealistic levels of brightness and contrast for demo purposes.
But this does not demonstrate realistic viewing levels or rep[resent in true detail what you are actually seeing.
Always better to recalibrate and the easiest calibration you can make it to set it to cinema mode with the odd tweak thrown in.

Even if you are not in the market for a new telly you can improve your own lot dramatically.
Have a look at the waterfall video presentation in the link below because this demonstrates the issue perfectly.
I have never recalibrated in the past and trusted that the manafacturers have set up everything up for me.
But they never did and just calibrated to sell tv units in a shop enviroment !

Here is a very good pal of mine from the AV forums to explain it more elequently than I could ever do.
This is the best info I have gleaned over the last few days and hope it can go some way to help others Cellarites with their viewing pleasures.

https://www.avforums.com/article/best-tv-settings-football-sports.10367

i have a funny feeling your mate has the shop on Stamford Street Ashton, he mentioned his work at AV forums as he sold me 2 more packs of 3d glasses ;)

I can't believe how much some of you lot are spending on TVs. Are they really that important?

I can't believe how much some of you lot are spending on TVs. Are they really that important?
They are not at all dear pal and represent outstanding value for money
My 50 inch Sony lcd is still going strong after 10 years and looks mint.
It cost £1,000 and therefore works out at only £2 a week or 28 pence a day.
Absolutely incredible value for money.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.