Ivan Rakitic

Probably 12 sub appearances or something, either way when you are as good as him that is not nearly enough game time, he wants to play every minute at his age.

Ivan Rakitic has been left out of matchday squad by Barcelona to face Villarreal

However, they will be doing so without Rakitic, despite the Croatian being fit and available.

The news will surely alert Juventus, who are in the market for a playmaker, while Paris Saint-Germain are also sniffing around — and AC Milan and Inter need that big-name player to show their ambitions.

Manchester United are also planning an audacious bid for the midfielder.

Rakitic, 28, moved from Sevilla in 2014 as a long-term replacement for Xavi.

And he proved an inspirational purchase as Barcelona dazzled their way to a Treble of La Liga, Copa del Rey and Champions League — with Rakitic opening the scoring in the final against Juventus.

Probably 12 sub appearances or something, either way when you are as good as him that is not nearly enough game time, he wants to play every minute at his age.

hes had fitness problems though hasn't he. had 20 appearances overall.

Perfectly feasible he said this season 'look i have proved myself i really would like to be considered as a starter and not a squad player, i think i deserve that' and he would not be out of order for it. If he did request that and these 20 appearances are sub appearances to shut out already beaten teams i can see he would want out Barca or not.

@Cheadle_hulmeBlue ahh gotcha, then it is 50/50 if he has fallen out with management then, they will be like 'stay fit and we will consider you as a starter' maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.