Jack Butland

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Xiphos, 18 May 2017 at 8:07 PM.

1. karen7

karen7

I wasn't argueing about joe as such just responding to someone who said pickford is better,none of them are anywhere near what pep wants including joe

2. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I've posted this before but I'll do it again. Butland's representitives have had talks with City. This was about 3 months ago - not sure if it was exploratory or firming things up

3. BigOscar

BigOscar

Being good with your feet for a keeper isn't really about how good your passing is, it's mainly about composure tbh and English keepers don't have that, hell, English defenders don't even have it. Even now John Stones gets constantly berated for not panicking and hoofing it every time an attacker gets within ten yards of him, so it's not surprising we don't produce keepers who are calm with the ball. I keep hearing about how great Pickford is with his feet, but from what I've seen he's even more panicked than Joe, he's just a lot more accurate at long balls. (it would be hard to be worse, given Joe's love of finding touch)

4. Metalartin

Metalartin

That is true, fans need to adapt to it too, skidmarks have increased at the Etihad this season "Get rid, get rid!!!".

5. LittleEgg

LittleEgg

Brewery depot manager.
    If you want the best english keeper then butland is without question the only option...he's good all round too, feet, distribution, and arguably the best shot stopper in the league.

If you want a keeper that can play CM in his own time then you go foreign.

6. Shahed_Blue

Shahed_Blue

Student
    Buffon,Handanovic,Ter Stegan,Lloris etc

7. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Pep will be lucky if he can get an English GK with Claudio's footwork, nor will he get a continental GK with English GKs shot-stopping qualities. He's gonna have to compromise.

8. bluemoonmatt

bluemoonmatt

Pharmacist ;-)
    I feel like going against the grain on this one, I actually think Butland is a very very good keeper, even when Joe was with us I could see Butland pushing him close for ENG No1 soon. As for the distribution thing, I think being schooled at Stoke probably wont help, but personally I don't believe ball at feet skill was the reason, at least not the main reason why Joe was replaced anyway.

9. Xiphos

Xiphos

I'v heard the same off a Stokie in Congleton this morning

10. City health warning

City health warning

I'm not knocking Butland's ability but he just come back from a lengthy injury and he is not the best option.

Last edited: 19 May 2017 at 7:40 PM