Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stank.

Didn't look fit at all. Didn't have the sound up so I don't know if he was injured, but they took him off early 2nd half, unsurprisingly, seeing as just jogging ten yards to get behind the ball seemed too much for him. Normally a proper lively little fucker, so something not right.

He is small though. Going to have to really fight to make it at City due to that. Normally his skill intelligence & workrate are top class & he's able to play a key role in the academy games, but he does look about 12 compared to Germans & the other Irish U21s.

Irish youth international midfielder Jack Byrne is to be handed a new three-year deal by Manchester City. The 18-year-old starlet has been labelled one of the brightest talents to come out of his homeland in a long time. Byrne has starred in City's elite development team this term and was invited earlier this week to train with the first team by boss Manuel Pellegrini. He will discuss improved terms in the next few weeks and is expected to be sent out on loan next season. The youngster has also defended Pellegrini, following his comments that City don't yet have anyone good enough to come through their £200m academy. Byrne told the Irish Independent: "He (Pellegrini) has brought the youths, U21s and first team together, whereas we'd use different facilities to the first-team before. "Mancini would walk by you in the corridor without even saying hello. Pellegrini has a lot of respect for the academy players." - See more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Manchester-City/Starlet-set-for-City-deal/X1Y47Z1913935#sthash.PumcRBu4.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... cRBu4.dpuf</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Irish youth international midfielder Jack Byrne is to be handed a new three-year deal by Manchester City. The 18-year-old starlet has been labelled one of the brightest talents to come out of his homeland in a long time. Byrne has starred in City's elite development team this term and was invited earlier this week to train with the first team by boss Manuel Pellegrini. He will discuss improved terms in the next few weeks and is expected to be sent out on loan next season. The youngster has also defended Pellegrini, following his comments that City don't yet have anyone good enough to come through their £200m academy. Byrne told the Irish Independent: "He (Pellegrini) has brought the youths, U21s and first team together, whereas we'd use different facilities to the first-team before. "Mancini would walk by you in the corridor without even saying hello. Pellegrini has a lot of respect for the academy players." - See more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-League/Manchester-City/Starlet-set-for-City-deal/X1Y47Z1913935#sthash.PumcRBu4.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... cRBu4.dpuf</a>

I think for a player like Jack a year in the Dutch league would improve him a technical league were he would be encouraged to pass the ball around something were in England he may not be. Nice for him to get a 3 year deal at the club shows his hard work is being watched by MP but his loan spell away must be suited to his style of play where he can get game time and see how he gets on.

leighton said:
FantasyIreland said:

I think for a player like Jack a year in the Dutch league would improve him a technical league were he would be encouraged to pass the ball around something were in England he may not be. Nice for him to get a 3 year deal at the club shows his hard work is being watched by MP but his loan spell away must be suited to his style of play where he can get game time and see how he gets on.

It would be good for him if he was at a decent side. But anywhere he could get regular football in a senior league would do him good. I think Celtic would be a good club for him, like Denayer, as they play a similar style to City & he would have to get used to the rough & tumble of that league. But they are well stocked in that area.

I might be wrong but I can see him sitting on the bench a lot at Celtic, but I think he'll end up there anyway next season.I don't actually know where I'd send him come to think of it. Wonder if a championship club might be a bit too much for him.

I'd like it if Barker and Angelino went Celtic next year. That'd be brilliant.

twosips said:
I might be wrong but I can see him sitting on the bench a lot at Celtic, but I think he'll end up there anyway next season.I don't actually know where I'd send him come to think of it. Wonder if a championship club might be a bit too much for him.

If they can't get in our team yes, but I hope they play for us. There was a Premier League team supposedly scouting Barker recently. Villa maybe ? People assumed it was for this season, but it could have been for next season.

Neville Kneville said:
twosips said:

If they can't get in our team yes, but I hope they play for us. There was a Premier League team supposedly scouting Barker recently. Villa maybe ? People assumed it was for this season, but it could have been for next season.

villa want to buy barker permanently . Byrne I think would be good at somewhere like derby ? he just needs somewhere where he will get games

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Neville Kneville said:
twosips said:

villa want to buy barker permanently . Byrne I think would be good at somewhere like derby ? he just needs somewhere where he will get games

Arse you sure about that through personal knowledge, or are you just going off the press assuming that to be the case at the time ?

The media said it was an attempt to sign Barker, but there is no chance of that, so the assumption was that it was really a loan they were looking at.

Neville Kneville said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Neville Kneville said:

Arse you sure about that through personal knowledge, or are you just going off the press assuming that to be the case at the time ?

The media said it was an attempt to sign Barker, but there is no chance of that, so the assumption was that it was really a loan they were looking at.

I'm going off the press mate, but i know that villa have had scouts watching him for a few games swell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.