Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch this of Gundogan and tell me that this isn't exactly like watching one of Jack's performances for Cambuur.

Obviously Gundogan is at a much higher level and Jack's got a way to go, but stylistically it's nearly identical. Even down to the physique and the way they move. I find that REALLY encouraging personally. If Pep likes Gundogan, then he must surely like the way Jack goes about his game.

The way Gundogan makes space for himself is a joy to behold. Before he's even in possession of the ball he's already changing direction to give himself time and space to make his next move - be it a carry, a quick one-two, a through ball or a 40 yard crossfield pass. So intelligent and technically gifted. Not only that he's full of bite and energy, a true all rounder.

The Byrne comparison stylistically I hadn't realised but it's definitely there. Imagine how much he could learn and improve training and playing with Gundogan every day.

Watch this of Gundogan and tell me that this isn't exactly like watching one of Jack's performances for Cambuur.

Obviously Gundogan is at a much higher level and Jack's got a way to go, but stylistically it's nearly identical. Even down to the physique and the way they move. I find that REALLY encouraging personally. If Pep likes Gundogan, then he must surely like the way Jack goes about his game.

He reminds me abit of Wilshere. Obviously less of a gobshite

Fantastic news he's not going to be working with those gobshite fucking morons & will be working with Pep Guardiola instead.

Apart from the big money stars, half the players who go to the euros, of any age, are putting their City careers in the balance imo. If Pep finds someone to do the job he wants, who he's really happy with, that player will start. Be great if Denayer didn't go & Sterling picked up a niggle.

Jack's got it spot on here. Work hard, show the boss what you can do. Good luck to him.

I think his chances have gone up 100% not being hijacked by those clueless tossers.

Not sure which gobshites or tossers you are referring to, but I agree it is probably best that he is not going to the Euros.
He is well thought of in the Irish camp and seen as one definitely for the future. Keane himself has singled him out as being a very bright prospect.
I saw him in the U21's qualifiers where he was picked against Italy. He was the one shining light of hope in a pitiful performance against Italy, where Ireland
were beaten 4-1 at home. He also played against Slovenia where they were beaten 3-1.
From what I saw, he had nobody around him on the same wavelength.
We (Ireland) don't have a lot coming through and I think the management team have high hopes that he makes it. It was probably to late for him to be fast-tracked into
the European Championships.
I hope that disappointment for him is quickly followed by first team call ups for City pre-season.

Not sure which gobshites or tossers you are referring to, but I agree it is probably best that he is not going to the Euros.
He is well thought of in the Irish camp and seen as one definitely for the future. Keane himself has singled him out as being a very bright prospect.
I saw him in the U21's qualifiers where he was picked against Italy. He was the one shining light of hope in a pitiful performance against Italy, where Ireland
were beaten 4-1 at home. He also played against Slovenia where they were beaten 3-1.
We (Ireland) don't have a lot coming through and I think the management team have high hopes that he makes it. It was probably to late for him to be fast-tracked into
I hope that disappointment for him is quickly followed by first team call ups for City pre-season.

Specifically, Martin ONeil & Roy Keane. Football dinosaurs. Can't stand either. But tbf, it could possibly be that they also think it's better for him to be with Pep pre season than as a wild card at the Euros & that they will benefit from it in the future.

Thanks for the info anyhow. It really seems like Jack has a big future ahead of him if he keeps working hard.

I'm glad he hasn't been called up, I want Pep to have a good look at him this summer. He's one of those players that could definitely have a squad role and probably wouldn't mind sitting out every so often if he got decent game time across the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.