Jack Wilshere

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by neel, 8 Mar 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

I can take him or leave him mate.I can think of far worse knobs in the PL than him with a fair few fuckers over the road who I hate with a passion,starting with that bushy haired Belgian.

2. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Bogbrush, the loathsome Fabregarse, Wilshere are top of my list!

3. abu13

abu13

Getting away with as little as possible
    It seems that Pep has had an interest in Whilshire for a while, maybe this is where he thinks it's worth taking a punt on him. English so helps towards the quota, recovering from a significant injury and so may be willing to take lower wages to be at a top 4 club. He may be more open to a squad role due to his injury record.

Not for me but I can see that if Pep wants to take a shot at him now would be the time.

4. Churchlawtonblue

Churchlawtonblue

Take a shot at him with a spud gun you mean. Wilshire is the most overated English player of his generation. Added to the fact that he is always injured. Why on earth would Pep want him in the side. Managerial suicide.

5. karen7

karen7

He should retire from playing,sometimes it's not meant to be

6. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

Thought he had retired from playing ;-0

7. abu13

abu13

Getting away with as little as possible
    Not saying I agree with it but Pep has been quoted many times in the past about how highly that he rate him, he may feel that the fee would be low, maybe pay as you play with incentives and doesn't take up a valuable overseas spot. low risk move in many respects.

8. Matt the Giant

Matt the Giant

Painter
    No, i do not. Certainly not if those squads had their best XI fully fit. But, even cup and title winnings sides have players in positions that aren't world class players, but still very useful for the squad and integral to any success. Just think of United's titles winning squads ( if you can remember that far), or Chelsea's current squad, or even ours, in seasons when we won the title. Adam Johnson, De Jong, Barry.. players what would get nowhere near "top sides", yet still proved good enough for us to win the PL.
    I was thinking maybe Barkley was at that level, where he would be a really good and useful squad member, and still a lot of room for development and refining.

9. ChicagoBlue

ChicagoBlue

Matt,

As you know, Barkley, being British, will command a premium price. If you can sign him up for £10-15M he MIGHT be worth a punt, but even then I wonder where he fits in a very technical, fast break team.

As for Johnson, Barry and De Jong, in their prime they were good players. However, Barry vs Yaya...Barry loses. De Jong vs Fernandinho...De Jong loses. Johnson vs Sane/Sterling and maybe even Navas...Johnson loses.

I think one thing the last few seasons have proven is that almost any team of the past would absolutely struggle to compete with what is on offer in the Premier League today, so it is not the fault of the players in question, just that the speed and technical ability needed to play at the apex these days is far, far superior than we have ever seen. That is not to suggest there are not brilliant players of the past that could not compete and thrive today, but overall the quality today is far superior, and IMHO Barkley can look very average, even in an Everton team that is bang average with a stand out striker.

10. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

His skillset fits DM pivot position very well. The question is his awareness/intelligence and ability to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.