Jacob Davenport

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Jacob Smith, 5 Mar 2016.

1. twosips

twosips

Love Davenport. Such a bright future ahead of him. Always in the right place, intelligent with his distribution and can actually get forward. A young Gareth Barry, in the best way possible ;)

2. kenny1312

kenny1312

Thought he might have had an outside chance of doing a bit of work with the 1st team pre season but not to be. Enjoyed watching him develop last year. By the end of the season he was controlling games. Takes a hell of a corner as well, could teach the 1st team a thing or 2.

3. twosips

twosips

Defo think its too early for him to be fair. 17 and a half. Even being promoted to the EDS already is an achievement.

4. tightwad

tightwad

He's a great player, single minded, from a Stockport blue family and it'd be good to see him continue to progress.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Played at left back against Celtic,which seemed strange.

6. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

There are one or two positions we don't cover too well and left back is one of them. Marcus Wood has been doing it for the EDS and now Jacob for the 19's. At the same time Jacob isn't yet an automatic choice in his favoured role with Diallo seemingly getting the nod. Looks like it's about getting games and experience at the moment in different roles which includes the bench at times. He will come through.

7. Tron Coltrane

Tron Coltrane

Anyone able to provide any updates on Jacob? I'm a fan (in my limited ability to follow his career). Would love to have a local Academy kid graduate in his position and crack the first team. Just curious if there is anything to report from the past 10 months since the last post here.

8. Ruzzles

Ruzzles

Already surpassed by Smith imo. his injury really came at the wrong time

9. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

Me? ;)