Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that will have nothing to do with it, otherwise we'd have seen Tosin play a few more games.

It's not that far fetched if the decision is based on form! He has been playing for our u18s, EDS and England and excellent at every level. He is also a perfect fit for resting sterling. I think he has a good chance. Do we know if he was on the Middle East training trip?

I'd start Sancho in a strong side with with at least one of KDB/Silva in midfield to make sure he gets the ball.

His size, nvm form, means he's the most ready of the U18, who don't have a game until Sat.

And I wouldn't be starting him just b/c of the Arsenal BS - which surely is BS b/c no young player in their right mind would leave a club managed by Pep, least of all to Arse
I agree. Sancho/Diaz/Pep are a match made in heaven.
I give it 2 years max before everyone in the world knows about these two lads.

Not sure why you are so butt hurt. The Academy has been opened for just over two years. Your original post was about the NEW academy. Point stands that is has been opened for just over two years. Two years isn't a few years in most peoples minds. I'm not arsed really. I always saw it as a factory to churn out decent players and earn a crust for the club with a good enough player emerging every now and then. Elite clubs do not take a chance on blooding youngsters in top competitions. If they are good enough then they will naturally get a chance and it seems we may have one or two who maybe manage it.

If only that were true.

But yes, lets just accept it. As you say, the academy has only existed for two years so those kids we see playing now, most are not really here, so no need to worry.

I really doubt Sancho will get on the bench, let alone in the first 11 for this game. The premier league cup games at reserve level always consist of our reserves squad players and a few from the under 18s, Sancho and Diaz rarely start in this competition and with Everton u23s on friday, I can only see the pair of them being saved for that game.

I really hope Sancho gets on, but I seriously doubt it. I even doubt Garcia will get a start but I really hope I am wrong. Sick of seeing players like Delph in the team when we have some brilliant young players in the academy who are chomping at the bit to get a few minutes here and there.

As for Sancho, he is a wonderful talent. I would go as far as saying that he is the best young player I have ever seen at city's academy in 26 years of my existence. The lad has got everything. Diaz is also a close 2nd.

I really doubt Sancho will get on the bench, let alone in the first 11 for this game. The premier league cup games at reserve level always consist of our reserves squad players and a few from the under 18s, Sancho and Diaz rarely start in this competition and with Everton u23s on friday, I can only see the pair of them being saved for that game.

I really hope Sancho gets on, but I seriously doubt it. I even doubt Garcia will get a start but I really hope I am wrong. Sick of seeing players like Delph in the team when we have some brilliant young players in the academy who are chomping at the bit to get a few minutes here and there.

As for Sancho, he is a wonderful talent. I would go as far as saying that he is the best young player I have ever seen at city's academy in 26 years of my existence. The lad has got everything. Diaz is also a close 2nd.

I do wonder if Pep will stop playing Fernando, Delph etc. as substitutes as things get to the end of the season and he no longer needs to worry about keeping people happy and he can start to think a little about next season.

Especially if we can keep our recent form up and start controlling games more, we should have a platform for the likes of Aleix Garcia to come on for 15-20 minutes at a time as we see games out.

I do wonder if Pep will stop playing Fernando, Delph etc. as substitutes as things get to the end of the season and he no longer needs to worry about keeping people happy and he can start to think a little about next season.

Especially if we can keep our recent form up and start controlling games more, we should have a platform for the likes of Aleix Garcia to come on for 15-20 minutes at a time as we see games out.
No expect to see Fernando and Delph again. Pep spoke today about how he thinks there are about 4 or 5 players who as he put it can "help us in the future". But he appeared to suggest that they had to convince him in the States next summer in pre season training that he could "trust them" to do a job. Maybe a couple out of that 5 will get on the bench tm and get a run if we are well in control. But then again maybe not.

No expect to see Fernando and Delph again. Pep spoke today about how he thinks there are about 4 or 5 players who as he put it can "help us in the future". But he appeared to suggest that they had to convince him in the States next summer in pre season training that he could "trust them" to do a job. Maybe a couple out of that 5 will get on the bench tm and get a run if we are well in control. But then again maybe not.

No, not true, he said they can get into the team anytime by impressing him in training, and that they shouldn't stop trying now it's getting late in the season.

“But they have to continue because I am a guy who I am not afraid to put the people on the pitch – but they have to convince me - in every single training session, in every game – I can trust them”
This is how he ended.

No, not true, he said they can get into the team anytime by impressing him in training, and that they shouldn't stop trying now it's getting late in the season.

“But they have to continue because I am a guy who I am not afraid to put the people on the pitch – but they have to convince me - in every single training session, in every game – I can trust them”
This is how he ended.
Yep, he was referring to last Summers pre-season, not this Summer coming.

If only that were true.

But yes, lets just accept it. As you say, the academy has only existed for two years so those kids we see playing now, most are not really here, so no need to worry.

If we see one first teamer emerge and then establish themselves once every two to three seasons then imo the academy can be judged to be a huge success. Anything more would be a fantastic bonus. The big hope would be for three or four to make it through together and I want that as much as you but I can't see it happening when we are in a position to purchase readymade world class players from around the globe.

What needs to happen is for the deadwood to be gotten of rid this close season and a smattering of our promising young players to step up to improve our current second string. From there, as and when, they can be further integrated. Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.