Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by comments of our Chairman in his video interview, I would expect to see Sancho on the summer tour and possibly training with the first team (capital one cup maybe?) next season.

Neymar does the same thing, if Sancho ends up like him would you be complaining?

No of course not. Let's hope he takes his chance to impress in the summer. Give him the first half of the Manchester derby for a senior debut (only a friendly but intensity might be high with rivalry).

No of course not. Let's hope he takes his chance to impress in the summer. Give him the first half of the Manchester derby for a senior debut (only a friendly but intensity might be high with rivalry).

Sane to me is a diamond in the rough. The potential to be absolutely world class is there for all to see. I trust Pep will get the best out of him.
When I look at Sancho, I see an understudy two/three? years younger with all the same traits.
I accept he had quiet games against Chelsea but he wasn't alone there.
I really think of the three he has a fantastic chance to break into the first team squad soon, although he may be too young for next season.
I actually think Foden was the stand out player even ahead of Diaz last season, but if we are talking raw talent with dribbling skill at speed, which is something Pep seems to love,
I think Jadon has the raw materials he is after.

I hope all three get a chance pre-season. They are all exceptional in their own way.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread or do I know if this is correct....

But I have been told this lad wants £30k/week and £1mil signing on fee for his 1st pro contract...

Like I say not sure it's true but can any of the guys who follow the u18s/U23s shed any light on this rumour

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread or do I know if this is correct....

But I have been told this lad wants £30k/week and £1mil signing on fee for his 1st pro contract...

Like I say not sure it's true but can any of the guys who follow the u18s/U23s shed any light on this rumour

I've heard that's true and that he'll most likely get it becoming the most expensive 17 year old in world football ever I think.

I've heard that's true and that he'll most likely get it becoming the most expensive 17 year old in world football ever I think.

If the wage demands are correct which I have no reason to doubt this is a worry for me for obvious reasons
i know the kid is good but that's all he is at the minute a kid....
The game is mad
I know Chelsea have and do put some lads on astronomical wages but for me it sets the kid up to fail and this isn't something I would like to see happening at City

And will be well worth it.

Michael Johnson got a contract of 50k week when he was 21 I know he was a lot older but that then for us was a kings ransom.

And will be well worth it.

Michael Johnson got a contract of 50k week when he was 21 I know he was a lot older but that then for us was a kings ransom.

we know it didn't turn out great for Johnson but he was already establishing himself in the 1st team and was an integral part of it

Sancho on the other hand isn't and as it stands looks a distance away from it...

Look what happened to Johnson when it went to pot for him he faded away into obscurity safe in the knowledge that he had his 4/5 year £2.5mil contract in the bag to set him up for life
This is why paying even younger players who have done nothing in the game these crazy amounts of money
It isn't about is the lad worth it in the long run its about can he keep progressing and to do so you need to maintain high levels of desire £30k/week and £1mil signing on fee for me doesn't equate to maintaining the levels needed when things get tough or don't go the lads way

The game is the game. He knows he is good and rival teams knows he is good. 30k/w is a bit mad but at the end of the day you will have to pay over the top for your best players to let them have the feeling that they're valued on the same level as first team players as our track record isn't good now.

The only worry is when extremely talented kids become complacent because they're already on high wages without really accomplishing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.