Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far apart is Sancho to Brahim? They seem to be the main two players we have that can go on a become real, top-level stars.

Sancho's a lot behind at the moment pure and simply because he's still an u16. He's made a few appearances for the u18s but he's by no means a regular. Brahim is a year old and is a year ahead. Sancho is a huge talent, defo, but very young still and I don't suspect we'll see anything major from him until he plays week in week out for the u18s.

Sancho's a lot behind at the moment pure and simply because he's still an u16. He's made a few appearances for the u18s but he's by no means a regular. Brahim is a year old and is a year ahead. Sancho is a huge talent, defo, but very young still and I don't suspect we'll see anything major from him until he plays week in week out for the u18s.

Which will be next season if Wilcox's comments about going very young in the age groups are true.

It will be next season I am sure.He has already shown he has the talent but the 18's is a big step up on the physical side of the game. That's where he will get more tested and we will also start to find out how big a heart he has. He has the footballing ability for certain

Which will be next season if Wilcox's comments about going very young in the age groups are true.

Well it literally has to be next season. He's an u16 now. The next step is to be a first year scholar and join the u18s team.

Have it on excellent authority that the u18s acting as a kinda unofficial u17s level is true, meaning we'll see the likes of Davenport, Duhaney, Nmecha, Brahim etc, who are all just first year scholars still, move up up to the EDS despite being just kids to free space for the u16s who will move up. That's great news, and clearly an attempt by City to appease the golden generation we have coming through who had fears of a lack of game time if the current 1st year scholars all hung around next season too, which would be a totally normal thing... (Adarabioyo, Buckley, Garcia, Humphreys, Grimshaw, Oliver this year for example)

Well it literally has to be next season. He's an u16 now. The next step is to be a first year scholar and join the u18s team.

Have it on excellent authority that the u18s acting as a kinda unofficial u17s level is true, meaning we'll see the likes of Davenport, Duhaney, Nmecha, Brahim etc, who are all just first year scholars still, move up up to the EDS despite being just kids to free space for the u16s who will move up. That's great news, and clearly an attempt by City to appease the golden generation we have coming through who had fears of a lack of game time if the current 1st year scholars all hung around next season too, which would be a totally normal thing... (Adarabioyo, Buckley, Garcia, Humphreys, Grimshaw, Oliver this year for example)
Will we move a lot of EDS out on loan or let some go?

Will we move a lot of EDS out on loan or let some go?
Got to be a bit of both really, some are too good to just let go so they'll either be in and around the 1st team or we'll find them a good loan somewhere. It's going to be squeaky bum time this Summer for a few of them.

Some of these lot will be looking over their shoulder and wondering http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/EDSAndAcademy/EDS/Squad.aspx

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/EDSAndAcademy/Academy/Squad.aspx

Too many decent looking goalies at EDS level for a start.

How is this going to work ? I don't get it.

Are there any rumours of players being taken to some of our 'partner' clubs in Europe or clubs i the City group, or loans etc ?

We have people like Byrne & Denayer potentially coming back into the first team pre season, then the likes of Ambrose etc to come back, Faupala etc still around then the current bunch such as Barker, Bryan etc, Maffeo, Angelino, Horsefield new contract suggests more will get the same, then add the U18s to that lot.

We're a whole team too many from what I can see. It would be nice to think Pep was planning to use the whole lot of course, but otherwise there's a hell of a lot of players must surely get loans ?

I think we're perhaps a league short in this country & need an U23s or something which some of the first team squad players play in. (In the rags case it would become U30s though)

How is this going to work ? I don't get it.

Are there any rumours of players being taken to some of our 'partner' clubs in Europe or clubs i the City group, or loans etc ?

We have people like Byrne & Denayer potentially coming back into the first team pre season, then the likes of Ambrose etc to come back, Faupala etc still around then the current bunch such as Barker, Bryan etc, Maffeo, Angelino, Horsefield new contract suggests more will get the same, then add the U18s to that lot.

We're a whole team too many from what I can see. It would be nice to think Pep was planning to use the whole lot of course, but otherwise there's a hell of a lot of players must surely get loans ?

I think we're perhaps a league short in this country & need an U23s or something which some of the first team squad players play in. (In the rags case it would become U30s though)

It's definitely true. Wilcox was saying it the other day in the press, and I had confirmation from someone very close to one of the young lads (and he's a first year scholar too) that he'll be moving up to the EDS next year as well. I suspect we'll just see a LOT of players moving on next year one way or another. We've officially partnered with NAC now, so I'd expect 3 or 4 to go there at least. The others may go on loan en masse. Wilcox said the club plans for the EDS to be an u19s group, so that immediately rules out loads of players. They must have something in place, otherwise they'd not have said this. This u18s team is too good to be promoted to the EDS and sat on the bench week in week out. Naturally they'll drop down for the FA Youth Cup as they always do, but they can't sit out EDS league games so it's a bit of a head fuck.

They have gone public on it though so there must be plans in place.

It's definitely true. Wilcox was saying it the other day in the press, and I had confirmation from someone very close to one of the young lads (and he's a first year scholar too) that he'll be moving up to the EDS next year as well. I suspect we'll just see a LOT of players moving on next year one way or another. We've officially partnered with NAC now, so I'd expect 3 or 4 to go there at least. The others may go on loan en masse. Wilcox said the club plans for the EDS to be an u19s group, so that immediately rules out loads of players. They must have something in place, otherwise they'd not have said this. This u18s team is too good to be promoted to the EDS and sat on the bench week in week out. Naturally they'll drop down for the FA Youth Cup as they always do, but they can't sit out EDS league games so it's a bit of a head fuck.

They have gone public on it though so there must be plans in place.

Yeah I saw the piece confirming it but I just wondered if there had been any talk about mass loans etc for next season.

If they do have a definite place for all the players to go (nice to think the first team was a option for one or two) that's actually quite a positive, as it's almost certainly better than them sitting around wasting a year like they have this season.

Would be great to have a 'B' team at NAC or something. I asked my mate in Holland who works in youth football if he knew anything as he played for them as a kid but it turns out he didn't, he played for NEC ;)

Cheers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.