James Horsfield

Ha makes you wonder doesn't it? Tosin, Humphreys, Glendon, Celina, barker would likely be about and I'd have them in the squad ahead of him personally.

I do second guess the set up in this circumstance. If there was even the slightest of chances of making your first team debut you'd hang around in England if you were Maffeo wouldn't you? He clearly would.

Yet he didn't. Which makes me ponder a few things. Namely that either the club told him he wouldn't be needed and he most likely agreed, presuming that he'd have no chance of being involved even if he was on the bench. So you wonder if you've got a young lad thinking I could sit on the bench but I just know I won't get on....so I may as well go home.

That in itself is depressing. I may be getting ahead of myself, but if your best young defensive prospect thinks it's better off heading home to Spain for a bit then something clearly isn't right.
I think you're definitely getting ahead of yourself bud, perhaps 'Negative Nev' is getting to you but you're basing supposition on supposition. Perhaps it's down to the injuries at the back (Horsefield's played CB I think as well as RB?) and was just emergency cover. As for Maffeo, the window opens shortly and I can see some movement coming.

Ha makes you wonder doesn't it? Tosin, Humphreys, Glendon, Celina, barker would likely be about and I'd have them in the squad ahead of him personally.

I do second guess the set up in this circumstance. If there was even the slightest of chances of making your first team debut you'd hang around in England if you were Maffeo wouldn't you? He clearly would.

Yet he didn't. Which makes me ponder a few things. Namely that either the club told him he wouldn't be needed and he most likely agreed, presuming that he'd have no chance of being involved even if he was on the bench. So you wonder if you've got a young lad thinking I could sit on the bench but I just know I won't get on....so I may as well go home.

That in itself is depressing. I may be getting ahead of myself, but if your best young defensive prospect thinks it's better off heading home to Spain for a bit then something clearly isn't right.

I doubt he was even given the option. Probably just waved him goodbye & said 'enjoy your Christmas' as I honestly don't think Pellegrini has the slightest clue about the kids on the whole, they are just pawns to him, & one kid is the same as the next one, apart from the signings who were fast tracked into the first team squad & given preferential treatment. Iheanacho being the only one who actually deserves it on merit.

Tbf to Horsfield, although I don't see him making it at City, I wouldn't be certain he'd have a stinker if he got on, he's a hard working lad & he'd get stuck in, & ALL our kids can pass a ball better than most of Leicester's first team. But he's so far down the list of players who actually 'deserve' to be picked. There doesn't seem to be any rationality or merit system in rewarding performance in the academy with promotion to the first team. Like Garcia (who I rate very highly) gtting promoted for mediocre performances in the EDS & U18s. He made the bench for Stoke away! In a typhoon!

Can you IMAGINE how Garcia would have looked, in the middle of that game!!? Yet Pellegrini had him on the bench! Hosfield would actually have been a more sensible choice in that one!

I think you're definitely getting ahead of yourself bud, perhaps 'Negative Nev' is getting to you but you're basing supposition on supposition. Perhaps it's down to the injuries at the back (Horsefield's played CB I think as well as RB?) and was just emergency cover. As for Maffeo, the window opens shortly and I can see some movement coming.

Horsfield at cb in the Prem, vs fucking Vardy!

Lol.

Horsfield would be an entirely awful CB. He looked out of his depth at RB in league one at Doncaster according to their fans... I know I'm using a lot of supposition but you can hardly blame me when we have someone like Horsfield on the bench. Can't make heads or tails of it. It's baffling. It's like a random kid is just picked out of a hat.

Horsfield would be an entirely awful CB. He looked out of his depth at RB in league one at Doncaster according to their fans... I know I'm using a lot of supposition but you can hardly blame me when we have someone like Horsfield on the bench. Can't make heads or tails of it. It's baffling. It's like a random kid is just picked out of a hat.
Fair enough bud, I have to admit to knowing absolutely sod all about him myself. I just had the impression I'd seen somewhere he played CB as well, probably getting confused with someone else.

That is exactly what I think Twosips. I can only guess Delph and Fernando are injured so they just needed someone to fill the bench who was never going to get on the field of play.

Does anyone remember that well trodden myth when Pellegrini was brought in about him developing youth - On the proviso and example of Isco, who was one of Malaga's best players already so it didn't exactly equate to promoting youth. He had even paid around £4 million for Isco.

I think the general problem that most have with the youth policy, or rather those who watch the youth games and then comment; rather than those who blindly comment about "the club" is the sheer, almost "shot in the dark" the playing management or mainly Pellegrini employs. Now I don't want to turn this into a bashing of the manager, far from it; I can see his reasons as to why not play them, really he has no incentive to play them. But we see players like Maffeo getting a raw deal, when he really did deserve some playing time in the plight we've been concerning right backs this season. Then we have the random bunch who seemingly are randomly chosen to sit on the bench with no chance of getting on. Just look at the damage this has seemingly done to Brandon Barker - Absolutely flying last season, but how much football has he even played over the last six months. Instead he has to sit on the bench around ten times, not even getting one once and as such people have the audacity that he has an attitude problem when he isn't happy about it.

All the above does make you wonder, what the plan seemingly is. As not one of the current bunch of players, haven't "been ready" in around two and a half years.

Granted, it is about selecting the players at the right time - but I am sure that at times are youth players could and would have performed better than some of the current first teamers. The example is there to be seen at Crystal Palace away. Who thinks that Bony would've reacted to that parried shot, rather than Kelechi?

My guess is that they know that he has Bob hope of making it here and as he has been here since he was a kid the club like to give "nearly men" the experience of being around the First XI in a proper game before selling /releasing them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.