James Horsfield

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by hiatus, 29 Sep 2015.

1. SlimShadyRus

SlimShadyRus

Still better than have slooooooow Demichelis

As for the reasons of Horsfelid being picked above the other EDS lads, I'd go for:
    1) We didn't have no more CM/CDMs in the first team and Horsy matched best to the player Pel would like to see on the bench/in the game, should some circumstances appear.
    2) Make him noted by other clubs before the transfer window to loan him
    3) He has impressed or rather has been impressing Pel during training sessions

2. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

4) He hasn't got a fucking clue.

3. WNRH

WNRH

Seems to be 1, Glendon and Bryan injured, all the foreign lads were on holiday.

4. Jacob Smith

Jacob Smith

Don't really understand this... He's been given an extra year's contract. I had assumed he would quietly leave this summer but apparently not!

5. domalino

domalino

A new manager is coming in, why get rid before he's had a look and passed judgement?

And if he doesn't fancy him, we can get him a loan somewhere which would presumably be much better for Horsfield than us just releasing him.

6. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

If we are changing all the age groups around because of a log jam of players at EDS level, this seems really bizarre to me.

But good luck to the lad anyhow.

7. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    Perhaps hoping to find him a club in the Summer, but if not it'll give him another season of security and time to maybe go on loan and impress in the lower leagues. A helping hand rather than just discarding him into the footballing wilderness?

No idea if that's how we operate, but it'd make sense to show parents and players that we try and look out for them even if they're not going to make it here.

8. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Samaritan
    I must say I'm surprised he's been given an extension except, perhaps, for the reasons given directly above

9. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

on the tour, seems rated at city. could he be in with a shot of making it with us ?

10. Tron Coltrane

Tron Coltrane

There's no way he would've been given the coveted "61" squad number if he didn't figure in our first team plans.

Earn this, James... earn this.