James McAtee

He did play well, their best player imo.

The problem is as I was watching him play, is that it was obvious he was their best (or tied) player.

But they weren't getting the ball to him enough, he salvaged that draw for them.

I just wish he was at a team that had the ball more and then he would have more chances to shine.

I think there is a City player in there for us though, I like the look of him on the RW, especially if we lose B Silva, we will need another left footed magician on that side.

For him to have a long-term career with us, he might need to accept a year of perhaps playing fewer minutes but of playing them at an even higher and demanding standard, and in which he'll probably see far more of the ball, too. I also think that the club will look at what has happened with Palmer and be wary of letting another player go 'çheaply'. With him contracted until summer 2026, for me, it's in both interests to have a season together and then decide.

At some point he need to take a chances for us atleast a season and accept the risk that he will not get the minutes he asked for.

The difference between top player and the rest is that they always takes the big risk with biggest payoff rather takes the safe option every single time.

He did play well, their best player imo.

The problem is as I was watching him play, is that it was obvious he was their best (or tied) player.

But they weren't getting the ball to him enough, he salvaged that draw for them.

I just wish he was at a team that had the ball more and then he would have more chances to shine.

I think there is a City player in there for us though, I like the look of him on the RW, especially if we lose B Silva, we will need another left footed magician on that side.
It's very interesting and quite tricky to visualise how he, Oscar, Phil all fit in with their similarities and versatility. But I think I agree, James has a good chance of becoming the Bermardo if he wants it though that's a big call from City to give him that responsibility.
Oscar seems more like David Silva and operates nicely drifting off the left with Phil more central.
Guess Wirtz or similar will be the KDB of the future.
Do hope James gives it a go he's looking a lot more aggressive and stronger now I would say.

I still hope James can make it with us. He was incredible to watch at academy level, a real standout who could just beat players with ease, play an impossible ball and bury it in the back of the net from all angles. I thought the main issue with him would be the fact he wouldn't have it so easy in the first team, and where he might end up playing. Physically he's getting good development but I worry about his future with us. Each time he comes back he's going to have to re-learn how to play in our system and that's a million miles away from what he's playing at Sheffield United.

We'll see. He's a bright spark in their team, but I'm sure the hierarchy aren't overly impressed he chose to go to Sheffield United over their preferred move to Leicester.

I think the decision will rest largely with McAtee as to which way his career goes. After this season at The Blades he will not be short of admirers and may feel that a move to a club like Villa or Brighton might be best for him rather than battling for minutes at City. I would love to see McAtee stay at City next season but I could see why he may have concerns about playing time. Maybe an agreement where he stays until January and then can go on loan if he has not made progress.

I think he'll be sold without issue tbh, I think he's forced loan moves and there's probably no coming back from that under Pep.

He should have stayed this year, he would have been ahead of Bobb in the pecking order at the start of the season, now he'd be below Bobb on top of the other senior wingers.

Think the ship's sailed and we take 20-25 mil with a buy back this summer tbh.

I think he'll be sold without issue tbh, I think he's forced loan moves and there's probably no coming back from that under Pep.

He should have stayed this year, he would have been ahead of Bobb in the pecking order at the start of the season, now he'd be below Bobb on top of the other senior wingers.

Think the ship's sailed and we take 20-25 mil with a buy back this summer tbh.

Judging by what Palmer has said, he was told go on loan or stay with the first team and he said no to both. I’d imagine all youngsters - aside from a select few - have that option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.