James Milner

Absolutely immense today. Left right central...anywhere, the guy is class!

I love James Milner!

FantasyIreland said:
Lacking technical quality but heart in abundance.
he is not that bad technically, of course not the level of Fernandinho, Toure or even Fernando but still surprisingly decent technically. Good performance from him today, much better on the CM position than on the flanks.

Mr reliable who gives nothing but 100% . Had a great game today and one of the MOTM candidates.

Thought Milner was exceptional today, particularly when he moved in to the middle.

Gives his best, but he's just not good enough technically to play in the middle in such tight games. Frequently struggled to get it out of his feet quick enough to deal with the lack of space in the middle and just doesn't have the awareness of someone like Yaya to know where the instant get out ball is when pressure is coming. Like most english players, he needs more time than you can expect to get in this sort of game. Did his bit defensively exceptionally well though, which you can always expect from him. I'd play him in the middle over Lampard, pretty much just on mobility, but I wouldn't want him playing in the middle against pressing teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.