James Milner

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
He did well in central midfield today. He is not good enough to be a regular starter for us but he makes for a very good squad player and is particularly useful to have on the bench.

I'd say he has a definite role in the squad now against quality sides where his tenacity matters. Excellent performance wide and central

There are definitely games where his strengths are beneficial from the start.

Not a great admirer of James but today I must give credit to him and say well played Mr Milner

bluechampion7891 said:
blue_sonic176 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
should start out wide v bayern along with navas

Milner was excellent today, but in regards to the Bayern match, I actually think I'd prefer Kolarov playing left winger with Clichy at LB like we had in the second half today. He adds so much to our attacks with those deadly crosses and gives us some real steel. That being said, it was Milner who won us the game against the German rags last year!

in the only other game that I remember where kola started left ahead of clichy he did not play well and that was barca at home. I just dont think he is that good as a LW/LM, he need a player ahead of him that brings him into play

Kolarov did what was required of him,he was there to stop Dani Alves marauding down the wing which he did successfully until he was subbed after the red card for MDM. Alves then went on to score one and go close with another effort.

Jimmy was excellent today but despite his MOTM performance in Munich last season I think I'd keep him fresh for the Chelsea match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.