Jamie Tandy - It's all City's fault

Prestwich_Blue

This article in todays Prestwich & Whitefield Guide: Link

A FORMER Manchester City footballer has blamed the club for driving him to drink and an attempted suicide.

Jamie Tandy had developed psychological problems and turned to drink after his career at the Premier League side collapsed, said his lawyer Stuart Page. “He feels the club has not been supportive of him,” claimed Mr Page. But Tandy, aged 23, now working as a window cleaner, is facing prison after pleading guilty at Manchester magistrates court to two counts of drink-driving and having no driving documents. Deputy District Judge Rod Ross bailed him for reports after warning him: “You are at serious risk of losing your liberty.”

Last February, Tandy smashed into a lamp-post in the city centre while twice over the legal limit. At a previous hearing, Mr Page said Tandy had tried to kill himself by deliberately crashing his girlfriend’s car. Tandy, it was said, was now in the process of suing soccer bad boy Joey Barton for allegedly stubbing a cigar in his eye during City’s Christmas party in 2004. Prosecutor Tess Kenyon said Tandy was stopped a second time in August for excess alcohol where he was one and half times above the limit. And last month he was arrested for driving while disqualified on Thatch Leach Lane, Whitefield. On that occasion, he told police: “I have been stupid. I have just come out of rehab.”

Very sad.

What a tit, deserves to get banged up for a while for all those offences.

hmm heard alot of stories from 'that' night when barton 'stubbed' that cigar out in his eye. Most people suggesting that tandy got what he had coming to him and that the cigar wasn't even lit.

Sad. If the lad isnt going to take responsibility for his own actions he will never sort his life out. Blaming someone else is always the easy option so you can keep acting like a prat. Barton is a muppet but its not his fault, if tandy had the ability or the will he would still be playing at a good level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.