January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its much simpler now than last season considering full backs are locked in. Wouldn't mind a LB who can play as a CB as well. We will definitely need a CM/DM and a forward. Don't see us spending a lot of money as well since the LB we will go for will probably not be a big name.

Earlier today listened to a transfer special on City and a few other teams on CBS radio and they said City's targets over next 2 windows are Julian Weigl , Lucas Hernandez, Alexis Sanchez and Aaron Martin ...pretty much players we have already been linked with in the past

If we managed it we'd have an unbelievably strong squad. Every area would be stocked with depth and quality.

LB: Ghoulam (may run contract down at Napoli) or Bertrand (HG and cheaper than Rose)
CB: Hernandez (younger option/more long term) AND Alderweireld (running contract down/looking for new one but wouldn't match City's wages/need 2 CB's)
DM: Weigl (younger and learn from Fernandinho) and either Sergi Roberto or Milinkovic-Savic (shorter term too replace Yaya and backup Fernandinho whilst Weigl gets to terms with the Premier league physicality)
FWD: Sanchez to take some load off Aguero (and would love a cheeky bid for Lewandowski to weaken Munich and give us a totally different option up front)
GK: a HG version of Ederson (is their one) to replace Bravo and give more space for foreign players.

this over the next two windows

LB/LWB, competition for Mendy and rotation option for the amount of games we play.
CDM/CM/CB, Fernandinho can't go on forever and we need to find a long term successor. Sergej Milinković-Savić is an excellent player and could come on leaps with Pep's tactical coaching. Lacks a bit of the athleticism that Fernan brings but is a very consistent performer. I think a step up from Lazio would mean he still has that hunger and will to progress and impress which is definitely what we need.

Bravo likely won't stick around forever to see out his career so we will need to find someone, I think it is very harsh on bringing back Gunn to just sit on the bench most of the time. Just need to find a 'Caballero' an experienced keeper who we can trust with rotation games.

To be brought in:

January

Sanchez to hopefully come in and give us another prolific wing option.
Possibly a LB in the form of Aaron Martín or Jose Gaya.

Summer

We need a CB to replace Mangala and/or Kompany to partner Stones long term. Koulibaly, Van Dijk or Lucas Hernandez would be my guess.
Holding midfielder to replace Yaya. Weigl is who my choice would be, seems we're also looking at Milinkovic-Savic for that role.
May look to exploit our Rulli buy back clause and sell him on.

To be sold or released:

Mangala - sold to be replaced by Hernandez or Adarabioyo if he can step up
Delph - gone if another LB is brought in, creates a bit of space in our midfield options for one of the kids to come through too
Toure - out of contract, don't think we'll renew again
Kompany - as gutting as it is I think we all agree he needs to either retire or reduce his squad role due to injuries, may possibly be released
Denayer - he can't keep being loaned out forever, and I don't personally see him in the squad
Roberts - same as Denayer, although I thought he may have a future in midfield for us, but having brought Bernardo Silva in there doing that exact role I can't see space for him so reckon he'll be sold; for profit hopefully

A lot of the old EDS lads will without doubt be off too, ie Facey, Bytiqi, Barker etc

Interesting to see what becomes of the likes of Celina, Maffeo and the NAC Breda boys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.