January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our UCL Squad is more than full to the brim (Zinchenko doesn't even fit in it) so nobody substantial will arrive in January unless we sell someone. Mendy will surely be included because he's meant to be back by the semi-finals and could be a huge asset in those games if we reach them. It's possible we could get someone less established, like Aaron Martin, who won't mind being left out of the Champion's League squad- or perhaps Touré will be moved on early and replaced by someone new?

If Van Dijk comes, and I don't believe he will, Mangala would probably have to leave- unless we get any really bad injuries between now and then.

I don't really get excited about January windows anymore.

Hope we go for him. Martin could play LB until Mendy is back, and then Delph can be a backup for Fernandinho

And if we sign him on loan for 10 million with a view to buy at the end of the season we win all round we see if he is good enough for us, whether he can play in the league, get back up for Delph, have first option on him, and do not bloat the squad for years if he is not good enough, the only problem is he is not association trained, but with englands best young LB out injured Henry, it is a great option

I think the January recruitment will show Pep's intent for the second half of the season. Considering we've not managed to play our strongest back four it's nothing short of genius on the part of Pep for us to be where we are. If we get passed Leicester this week we go into 2018 still competing on all four fronts, with big players due back and with additions in key areas, Pep will go all out to win the lot. In the passed squad depth has let us down badly, but if Pep can get like for like in certain positions dare we start to use the Q word.

Our UCL Squad is more than full to the brim (Zinchenko doesn't even fit in it) so nobody substantial will arrive in January unless we sell someone. Mendy will surely be included because he's meant to be back by the semi-finals and could be a huge asset in those games if we reach them. It's possible we could get someone less established, like Aaron Martin, who won't mind being left out of the Champion's League squad- or perhaps Touré will be moved on early and replaced by someone new?

If Van Dijk comes, and I don't believe he will, Mangala would probably have to leave- unless we get any really bad injuries between now and then.

I see Muric is on A list. Any reason for a 3rd keeper on 1 of those 17 foreign spots?

Also Yaya and Komps could be left out for CL, me thinks.

Mendy back for CL semis?? Nope mate, that would be only 7 months! Match fit for CL semis? No way.
I would leave him out as well (but surely the medical team knows better than me).

So there are options for subsequent CL registrations.

Pep has said in press conferences that we need another defender, journalists who closely cover City say we are looking for central defensive cover.
Last season Pep showed he was prepared to leave senior players out of the CL squad (Yaya).
I am pretty sure a defender will arrive even if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.