January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read in transfermarkt.de today that City is scouting Phillip Max from Augsburg. He is a left fullback, and topping the assist list in the Bundesliga at the moment.

Read in transfermarkt.de today that City is scouting Phillip Max from Augsburg. He is a left fullback, and topping the assist list in the Bundesliga at the moment.
Yeah 9 assists, very impressive, has anyone seen him play?

Yeah 9 assists, very impressive, has anyone seen him play?
Well after this weekend it is 10 assists :-)
I have not seen him play enough to be able to make any statements. 10 assists speak its own language though. A couple of facts about this guy:
1. He renewed his contract with Augsburg last summer, and it runs until 2022.
2. His is the son of Martin Max who was the bundeliga topscorer twice.

Spoke to a fellow blue earlier today and he made mention of a possible swap deal involving Kun and dare I say his name Isco. Anyone heard or read anything, as I've not seen anything about it. I do however recall that since signing a ew contract at Madrid he has a ridiculous release clause so I am sceptical as to the validity of this rumour.

Spoke to a fellow blue earlier today and he made mention of a possible swap deal involving Kun and dare I say his name Isco. Anyone heard or read anything, as I've not seen anything about it. I do however recall that since signing a ew contract at Madrid he has a ridiculous release clause so I am sceptical as to the validity of this rumour.
We only have 2 central strikers, not sure why we would consider swapping one for an attacking midfielder when we have 4 plus Foden and Brahim.

Where would he play, we already have De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan and Bernardo

Real Madrid won't let Isco go (unless he forces his way out Neymar-style) for the next six or seven years IMO. He's just a ridiculously good player, and we have no need to break the bank for him anyway- I think Foden should get a really good go before we sign any more attacking midfielders. Kun might go to RM though.

How many big-name swap deals have ever actually happened anyway?

In: Skriniar, Weigl, Sanchez
Recall: Maffeo, Gunn
Out: Danilo, Toure, Bravo, Mangala
Loan: Adarabioyo, Zinchenko
  • Skriniar would be great if we can get him in January, if we can't get him, VVD or someone of a similar calibre then I think we should just stick with Mangala until the summer.
  • Weigl looks promising but I'm a bit concerned about his recent form. Even so he'd cost a lot and probably not move in January
  • Sanchez- I seem to be the only one who still thinks he'll never sign for us. Also doubt he'll move in January because Arsenal is run by idiots with self-destructive tendencies.
  • Maffeo is doing really well at Girona, playing regularly, no need to rock the apple cart. Let him stay there, he has a shot at both La Liga's TOTY and Girona's POTY at this rate.
  • Gunn is playing every minute at Norwich and playing well so I think we should leave him be.
  • Danilo just got here and is doing reasonably well, doubt he'll move a few months into a five-year deal.
  • Touré should probably go in January. He does sweet FA here and is just taking up space and wages at this point.
  • Bravo might as well stay, unless he's complaining about lack of minutes (as far as I can tell, he isn't).
  • Mangala will stick around unless a new CB comes in. He's doing well right now anyway.
  • I think we need to get rid of Tosin ASAP. Just my opinion.
  • Zinchenko seems a useful and promising player and I think we should keep him here for minutes at the top level so he can keep learning from Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.