Jason and the Argonauts

NICKS BACK

On TV now, these clowns Harryhausen were massive in their day, no 4 year old would sit and watch this rubbish now, the stop start animation looks like it was done by some GCSE student who could not be arsed and probably got the fail mark he deserved.

Have a look, waiting for the skeleton scene and my kids to turn over.

Cant disagree with their assesment that its borin'!

I was taken to see this film at the Palace in Middleton when it first came out in the early 60's & when the skeletons appeared out of the ground I was absolutely kacking it.
But as you say technology moves on & most of the kids nowadays think it's rubbish(& the same as above when I went to see The Excorcist in 1973 - with my mates this time - it's more of a joke film when you see it now).

NICKS BACK said:
On TV now, these clowns Harryhausen were massive in their day, no 4 year old would sit and watch this rubbish now, the stop start animation looks like it was done by some GCSE student who could not be arsed and probably got the fail mark he deserved.

How can you rubbish a classic, well ahead of its time??

And it was one guy, Ray Harryhausen, that started off the genre.

He deserves credit, not ridicule.

Bigga said:
NICKS BACK said:

How can you rubbish a classic, well ahead of its time??

And it was one guy, Ray Harryhausen, that started off the genre.

He deserves credit, not ridicule.
totally agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.