Jason Denayer - Official - gone on loan to Galatasaray

Playing time would definitely be the issue in these negotiations. He will want to play as much as possible, and with Vinny, Demichelis and Mangala I can't see that happening. I have a personal view that he is better than Mangala, but the club is never going to agree with that.

The only way that I can see him getting more time on the pitch is as a DM, but if we bring in Pogba then that is unlikely as well.

I really hope Txiki can convince him to sign up and go out on loan again until MDM retires. I think that looks to be our best bet to keep him.

Not many of us have seen him play during the passed year however he's developed significantly to gain full International status with a very decent side Belgium.
Therefore how can people be quoting that he won't get game time.
If anybody should be concerned about game time it has to be MD & EM dos the new kid on the block has them in his sights.

Let demi go and sign the lad to a long term contract with games this season. If he's good enough to start for Belgium then he's younger and fitter than demi and we need to start putting faith in our youth.

Let demi go and sign the lad to a long term contract with games this season. If he's good enough to start for Belgium then he's younger and fitter than demi and we need to start putting faith in our youth.

Demi signed a one year extension just a couple of months ago.

We need 4 CBs, we should keep Denayer and if he's good enough he'll challenge Demi and Mangala.

sorry, why let Martin go? By all means give Denayer games, and if he is better in those games than Martin and better in training, then give him more games, but why get rid of Martin??

I'm sure we'll have him a contract offer commensurate with how highly he is regarded by the management. He'll either sign it and go about trying to win his place in the side, or he won't and he'll bugger off elsewhere, in which case we'll sign another CB.

At the end of the day, he's a young player with potential who turned 20 last week and he has to be reasonably realistic in his demands. There aren't many CBs of his age playing regularly for top teams. I'm sure as he continues to develop and prove himself, he'll be offered improved terms.

A lot of the recent EDS contract extensions would count for very little if our best (defensive) prospect leaves for nothing. It simply can't be allowed to happen.

Yep, agreed. Staggering that players like Intima have already secured an extension whilst we appear to have made little progress with Denayer, Lopes and Barker.

If we let him go then serious questions have to be asked.

If need be, promote him to 3rd in line in front of Demichelis. We have to keep hold of him

If we let him go then serious questions have to be asked.

If need be, promote him to 3rd in line in front of Demichelis. We have to keep hold of him

He'll get his chance to prove himself and it's up to him to earn his '2nd/3rd in line spot' not be given it.

I sincerely hope he stays and makes it with us but he has to have realistic expectations as a player having only just turned 20 last week and having not yet played a single minute in the premiership.

Yep, agreed. Staggering that players like Intima have already secured an extension whilst we appear to have made little progress with Denayer, Lopes and Barker.
Staggering, really? Have you conisdered that it might be significantly easier to get the deals done for the players like Intima? Lopes and Denayer will have their agents trying to secure them tens of thousands a week, alng with assurances that they'll get their chance, I imagine Intima pretty much just signed on the dotted line and thanked us for giving him it. They aren't remotely similar, the bigger the player, the longer negotiations will take.

Yes, please. Let's get rid of the man who has been our BEST defender for the last 18 months or so. And who hopefully will get a seat in our managementteam when he retires because the man oozes experience and manmanagement. Yes, please. Let's get rid ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.