Javi Garcia

LoveCity said:
Just thanking the fans for their support, IMO. Could be interpreted several ways but he's on his holidays with friends, doubt he'd reveal his future plans there.

I think he'll stay unless someone like newly minted Valencia comes in with a great offer.

Could he not be off as he knows Fernando is coming?

One of our 17 non homegrown players are going to miss out on a champions league place and Garcia is the most likely. In which case the club may have no option but to give him the chance to move on.

AlthamBlue said:
LoveCity said:
Just thanking the fans for their support, IMO. Could be interpreted several ways but he's on his holidays with friends, doubt he'd reveal his future plans there.

I think he'll stay unless someone like newly minted Valencia comes in with a great offer.

His agent said he's staying 100% and the latest reports all say Pellegrini wants all four of them (Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando, Garcia) so we have the genuine depth we've been missing. And if we start playing 4-3-3 a little more, we could be fielding three CMs.

But if the club has targets beyond those we know about, maybe Javi would be one of those they could reluctantly sell. If we sold him, I think we'd need to keep Rodwell unless Milner stays and is promised some games in the middle.

LoveCity said:
AlthamBlue said:
LoveCity said:

His agent said he's staying 100% and the latest reports all say Pellegrini wants all four of them (Yaya, Fernandinho, Fernando, Garcia) so we have the genuine depth we've been missing. And if we start playing 4-3-3 a little more, we could be fielding three CMs.

But if the club has targets beyond those we know about, maybe Javi would be one of those they could reluctantly sell. If we sold him, I think we'd need to keep Rodwell unless Milner stays and is promised some games in the middle.
The 4 you mention would be an ideal situation. I'd prefer Rodwell to go to be honest. Not through lack of talent. Purely because of his injury record.

Georgian Maestro said:
BlueCityfan said:
FantasyIreland said:
He's certainly high on the list,especially when the fee is taken into account,Kolarov could rival him on that front though.

How Kolarov has managed to stay 3 seasons at City i do not know. Lets just hope Garcia doesn't do the same.

Kolarov is still here because he is on ridiculously high wages that no other club are prepared to match. The same is probably true of Garcia. They will be with us for the foreseeable unfortunately

I wasn't really a Kolarov fan but I thought he had a good season. Credit where its due and he had a good reputation before he came…maybe didn't adjust to Mancini's game? Next season will tell

I reckon that Garcia will stay and will be in the 17 as he is the only true holder on the side, is good in the air and can go centreback. I suspect we are more likely to leave out a less versatile player where we have strength from the kids

EalingBlue2 said:
I reckon that Garcia will stay and will be in the 17 as he is the only true holder on the side, is good in the air and can go centreback. I suspect we are more likely to leave out a less versatile player where we have strength from the kids

Think we will ofload him to free up some cash.

birchwoodgingerste said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Think we will ofload him to free up some cash.

If a defender and keeper is all we will buy after Fernando, I don't see any need to sell Garcia to raise money. Even without any player sales and if Fernando is £12m up front as reported, that leaves us £37m to spend on a defender and second choice keeper.

And that's before Micah and Sinclair's inevitable exits (don't know what's happening with Milner, Rodwell and Guidetti yet) which could raise £10m or so if we get the reported £7m-£8m for Richards and a little for Sinclair.

Of course, if there is a hidden target, like a left winger or something, then we might need the extra cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.