Javier Hernandez

Another striker = no game time for Kelechi. People never stop complaining that we don't give youth a chance. The rag can fuck off.

Kelechi is definitely our second striker, i'm saying we need another. As good as Kelechi is, and no doubt will be, is he going to score enough goals for us this season?

Kelechi is definitely our second striker, i'm saying we need another. As good as Kelechi is, and no doubt will be, is he going to score enough goals for us this season?
There was nothing wrong with his strike rate last year, all he needs is more time on the pitch, plus with players like Nolito, Sterling and Sane wide in a front 3 we aren't going to be overly reliant on the no 9 constantly scoring. Plus, same logic as with any other position, you aren't going to get players at a decent age and good enough to play for us who are happy to be third choice for one position when they could easily go to a club one tier down and start most games. Maybe we could get a Claudio Pizarro style striker happy enough to pick up a wage to play 5 games a season but that's about it really.

Another point I'd make is that with the strengthening we've done in the roles around the striker this year and with a system that doesn't use a normal no 10, he's not going to get any chances in positions other than Aguero's.

There was nothing wrong with his strike rate last year, all he needs is more time on the pitch, plus with players like Nolito, Sterling and Sane wide in a front 3 we aren't going to be overly reliant on the no 9 constantly scoring. Plus, same logic as with any other position, you aren't going to get players at a decent age and good enough to play for us who are happy to be third choice for one position when they could easily go to a club one tier down and start most games. Maybe we could get a Claudio Pizarro style striker happy enough to pick up a wage to play 5 games a season but that's about it really.

Another point I'd make is that with the strengthening we've done in the roles around the striker this year and with a system that doesn't use a normal no 10, he's not going to get any chances in positions other than Aguero's.

I've just got a feeling we need another one. I have accepted that Pep might use one of the attacking midfielders such as Sane in a forward position.

Tolmie mentioned we could be in for one but as you say it would be hard and pricey to get a decent striker who would be willing to rotate.

Anyway, Pep's there to make the decisions

I've just got a feeling we need another one. I have accepted that Pep might use one of the attacking midfielders such as Sane in a forward position.

Tolmie mentioned we could be in for one but as you say it would be hard and pricey to get a decent striker who would be willing to rotate.

Anyway, Pep's there to make the decisions

Looks to me he's already made it with Nolito and Gabriel Jesus signing and Silva/KDB no longer being in the goalscoring positions. If we wanted to have a 3rd striker just for the sake of it we'd probably just keep Bony.

Looks to me he's already made it with Nolito and Gabriel Jesus signing and Silva/KDB no longer being in the goalscoring positions. If we wanted to have a 3rd striker just for the sake of it we'd probably just keep Bony.

Do you think Pep fancies Bony? lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.