Javier Hernandez

Iheanacho managed 14 goals in (relatively speaking) barely any minutes last season so yes, I'd say he's good enough to be our second striker. Even if he and Aguero aren't enough there's Nolito, Sané, Sterling and De Bruyne to get the goals. Gabriel Jesus coming in January, Unal, Moreno and Roberts to add to the mix next summer, Ambrose and Faupala just begging to be used in the EDS. Don't think we have anywhere near enough of a goal shortage to justify spending money on an ex-United player, if he'd even come. Only ex-rag I'd happily take would be Kagawa right now.

Iheanacho managed 14 goals in (relatively speaking) barely any minutes last season so yes, I'd say he's good enough to be our second striker. Even if he and Aguero aren't enough there's Nolito, Sané, Sterling and De Bruyne to get the goals. Gabriel Jesus coming in January, Unal, Moreno and Roberts to add to the mix next summer, Ambrose and Faupala just begging to be used in the EDS. Don't think we have anywhere near enough of a goal shortage to justify spending money on an ex-United player, if he'd even come. Only ex-rag I'd happily take would be Kagawa right now.
on loan in Holland I think.

Funny to see people slgging off hernandez for his constant praying and gesturing, when kelechi does the same. Personally i dont mind him, seems quite likeable compared to the likes of welbeck etc. Chicharito is no different to kun on the back of agueros shirt. I dont think it will happen, but people are kidding themselves if they think it isnt a risk relying on sergio and 2 teenagers for goals.

Keeping it real. Nicely done.

I personally DGAF what we do. I trust the Txiki and Pep. I want Kelechi and Jesus getting maximum minutes but if this little shit comes in and scores timely goals we'll all be having a nice laugh. He's out for months with a broken hand anyway, yeah? So it's silly to even get wound up over?

Last edited:
Faupala is out on loan isn't he?....NAC Breda.

This argument baffles me.

We have two out and out strikers. If you were a betting man you would say that Bony was going to leave.

The chances are Kun will get injured at some point during this season, leaving us with only Kelechi.

The others are not tried and tested strikers. Jesus is not proven in European football.

We need another striker.

What part baffles you? Yes Kun will probably get injured at some point, then we have Kelechi who has proven he's upto the standard. If we had bought him for £20/30 million a year later than we had, most people wouldn't have an issue with the striker situation. They still see Kelechi as a kid, he's not a kid, he's a 1st team player now. We can't waste a valuable foreign spot on a third choice striker that is only going to get game time if both Kun and Kelechi are injured together. And even if we did, who would we get in good enough that's willing to fill that squad role? I doubt they'd be anyone that could do it better than the other options we already have like Nolito, Sterling even KDB etc etc

when you look at it purely by numbers we're actually shorter stacked at centre back than we are upfront. we've got 2 strikers and 3/4 viable options for one space upfront, at centre back we've got 3 options (assuming Mangala and Denayer go) and probably 2 emergency options at a stretch for 2 positions and one of those options is a player less reliable than kun to stay fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.