Jeremy Hunt

The problem is that we don't do radical surgery in this country. We tinker, fiddle around the edges, do things that get headlines, soundbites or pander to political considerations rather than meeting the needs os the users of the service . We suffer systemic failures and scandals and try to cover them up then say "Lessons have been learned" when they are inevitably uncovered. But the lessons are rarely learned.

I read a story in the paper the other day about a young couple who lost a baby at birth. It was almost identical to the experience we had over 25 years ago and completely avoidable yet it's still happening. Why?

Wow, you have my sympathy mate, you really do.

I could give you a story about the disgraceful treatment my granddad has had over the past 2 years, but it would take too long. Suffice it to say the NHS have fucked it up left right and centre and what should have been simple and straightforward has cost the taxpayer literally *hundreds of thousands* of pounds, and it was all avoidable.

I think the problem is its such a political no-no to even contemplate criticising it, that no-one dares do it. Even Nigel Farage - not known for being shy, retiring and timid - who said about 18 months ago that he thought it was broken and couldn't continue as it was - has had to backtrack and say he didn't mean it, because it was such an enormous vote loser.

If your an alcoholic, the first step on the road to recovery is admitting to yourself that you have a problem. We haven't even got to the stage of admitting we have a problem. When we finally do, we can start to make the sorts of changes that are needed to sort it out.

A&E is open 24/7 if you need a doctor as is the out of hours service,the number you will get from calling your GP surgery number
As for the rest of your post i wouldn't know where to start

Do you work in the NHS perhaps? Or your husband does? Or brother? Well Q E fucking D.

If I have none-emergency issue at the weekends, then there is no-one to see about it and it has to wait until Monday.

WHY?

It does not need to be like that and thankfully, soon it won't be.

Oh do give over. If I have none-emergency issue at the weekends, then there is no-one to see about it and it has to wait until Monday.

WHY?

It does not need to be like that.
You can see a doctor that's what out of hours cover is for,you go and see them where there clinic is,at least me in sussex can

You can see a doctor that's what out of hours cover is for,you go and see them where there clinic is,at least me in sussex can

Well you can't where I live.

And apart from anything else, if the service is available 7 days already, why all the fuss from the doctors?

Do you work in the NHS perhaps? Or your husband does? Or brother? Well Q E fucking D.

If I have none-emergency issue at the weekends, then there is no-one to see about it and it has to wait until Monday.

WHY?

It does not need to be like that and thankfully, soon it won't be.
If it's urgent go to A+E, if it's not, wait until Monday... Where's the problem?

Else, buy private insurance and pick and choose your times, but look out for massive premium hikes each time you use the cover you're paying for!

If it's urgent go to A+E, if it's not, wait until Monday... Where's the problem?

Else, buy private insurance and pick and choose your times, but look out for massive premium hikes each time you use the cover you're paying for!

Why should you have to wait until Monday? Where's YOUR problem with wanting a proper 7 day service? You're working on your car and need a spanner, are you happy that B&Q should be shut and you have to wait until Monday? Why should you expect worse service for your body than for your car, ffs?

The initial phase was of course the Health and Social Care Act, kindly helped onto the statute book by Nick Clegg and his merry band of pseudo-Tory cuntflaps during the last parliament.

Don't forget the NHS Act 2006 - Labour couldn't have privatised Hinchingbrooke without it!

Why should you have to wait until Monday? Where's YOUR problem with wanting a proper 7 day service? You're working on your car and need a spanner, are you happy that B&Q should be shut and you have to wait until Monday? Why should you expect worse service for your body than for your car, ffs?
No, if I'm working on my car and it's broken down I don't think I'd find garages open waiting for me to turn up for a repair... And if I did I'd pay a premium for using their service on a weekend.

It doesn't matter. People live 7 days a week and in the 21st century should have access to healthcare 7 days a week. Not "emergency only" healthcare. Tescos will sell me a can of beans on a Sunday even when it is not an emergency. The NHS needs to provide a similar 7 day service. End of debate really.
Your analogy is flawed though. Tesco increase revenue when they open so being openon Sunday is worth it to them. However I agree that it's nonsense that I can't get an appointment at my GP on a Saturday. I often spend Mon-Fri away from home so have to take a day off if I need to see a doctor.

But the problem is that if a resource works at a weekend, they won't be available during a weekday. We could have a seven day service but we'd need about 30% more resources.

When we finally do, we can start to make the sorts of changes that are needed to sort it out.

You do love this "we" business.

Who are these "we" who are going to unite the nation in "changing" the NHS?

The real truth is, regardless of the "problem" real or imagined in the NHS, the vast majority of the British public have no confidence whatsoever in our political masters doing anything to the NHS which would have any result other than making it worse than it is. In the absence of any trustworthy "we" to bring about positive change we cling to what "we" have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.