Jeremy Hunt

It doesn't matter. People live 7 days a week and in the 21st century should have access to healthcare 7 days a week. Not "emergency only" healthcare. Tescos will sell me a can of beans on a Sunday even when it is not an emergency. The NHS needs to provide a similar 7 day service. End of debate really.

Anybody who says "end of debate" shouldn't be allowed to participate in one until they go away and learn what a debate is.

Tesco's selling you beans or even that packet of Tampax you need on a sunday is entirely irrelevant unless you think that healthcare should be treated exactly the same as a retail commodity.
It's a position you're entitled to take but if that be the case you have the option of buying your own private healthcare for your grandad at private market rates, which I suggest you do.

It doesn't matter. People live 7 days a week and in the 21st century should have access to healthcare 7 days a week. Not "emergency only" healthcare. Tescos will sell me a can of beans on a Sunday even when it is not an emergency. The NHS needs to provide a similar 7 day service. End of debate really.

the NHS already provide a 7 day service. end of debate really.

You do love this "we" business.

Who are these "we" who are going to unite the nation in "changing" the NHS?

The real truth is, regardless of the "problem" real or imagined in the NHS, the vast majority of the British public have no confidence whatsoever in our political masters doing anything to the NHS which would have any result other than making it worse than it is. In the absence of any trustworthy "we" to bring about positive change we cling to what "we" have.

Having had a particularly horrible experience with the NHS when my dad died and having seen at first hand how things shut down for the weekend at doctor/ consultant level I along with many others would certainly not advocate that ''we'' cling to what ''we'' have.

not a very good one.

how so?? there is NOTHING you could NEED at the weekend you wouldn't get! emphasis here is on NEED not want because your some self entitled idiot! That's where MRSA came from for those that don't know!

Having had a particularly horrible experience with the NHS when my dad died and having seen at first hand how things shut down for the weekend at doctor/ consultant level I along with many others would certainly not advocate that ''we'' cling to what ''we'' have.

And there you have it - everyone knows the care suffers at weekend. I don't need a report to tell me that but am going to check anyway. Weekend working has become the norm in recent years in life and few people in retail for example will be getting anything like premium time for it. The NHS has to move with the times. 13.5% pay rise and time and a third for Saturdays should have happened 3 years ago not now. The government have moved massively in the negotiations in the past 3 years and the unions have barely moved. Some of you on here are bloody pathetic.

awaits trolls, tory boy, banned mates bullshit comments.

how so?? there is NOTHING you could NEED at the weekend you wouldn't get! emphasis here is on NEED not want because your some self entitled idiot! That's where MRSA came from for those that don't know!

Tell Balti that - see post above.

Then "we" have a problem, but "we" can't agree on what the problem is and even if "we" did, "we" don't know how to solve it and even if "we" did know how to solve it, "we" have no confidence in those in power to bring it about.

The very idea that Jeremy Hunt received £32,920 from hedge fund baron Andrew Law, a major investor in healthcare firms is one of the things I find very off about having a man like this in charge of the NHS. He will have a a agenda and you can bet your bottom dollar or indeed your health that it won't be us the general public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.