Jerry Lewis RIP

A totally unfunny man who seemed to aim his act at four year olds.

Sorry he's dead though.

Yeah just heard about this,one of my favourite's he was the Jim Carrey of his day and ahead of his time comedy wise,the nutty professor and who's minding the store,two of my fav films along with the ones he did with dean Martin R.I.P Jerry..

RIP remember watching his films especially the ones with Dean Martin with my mum and dad who both thought he was brilliant, when I was a kid.

Thought he'd died years ago.

He wasn't my cup of tea, infact his type of humour would actually annoy me however, it worked fir some people and I wished him no harm.

RIP.

Love him or hate him, he raised and donated hundreds of millions of dollars to muscular dystrophy research, a good man, funny or not

His early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Jerry has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Then in '87, Jerry released Fore!, his most accomplished album. I think his undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

His early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think he really came into his own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Jerry has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
Then in '87, Jerry released Fore!, his most accomplished album. I think his undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Do you like Phil Collins?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.