Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant recall seeing a player with so little end product continually getting a start in our team. I honestly believe Navas would have struggled to get in our side before Mansour bought us. How on earth did Pellers let Roberts go out on Loan to Celtic and keep Navas only he will know.

I cant recall seeing a player with so little end product continually getting a start in our team. I honestly believe Navas would have struggled to get in our side before Mansour bought us. How on earth did Pellers let Roberts go out on Loan to Celtic and keep Navas only he will know.

He does alright end product wise for the type of player he is and the way we play.

He was much more effective in 13-14 when we played quick, fast and incivise football. As soon as we play possession based and let teams sit off his influence is almost redundant. Not to mention he's gone from having Negredo, Yaya, Aguero and Dzeko in form to hit, to just a half arsed Aguero.

The pertinent question is, for a player we signed at £14million who quite clearly was always going to be a good, effective squad player for a team aspiring for the very top of the game, why has he been a first choice player for almost 3 years now?

Can't see us letting him go in January, but he's out of contract in the summer and don't think he'll be offered a new one. We're pretty well covered in wide positions, and have the option of bringing Patrick Roberts back too.

Can't see us letting him go in January, but he's out of contract in the summer and don't think he'll be offered a new one. We're pretty well covered in wide positions, and have the option of bringing Patrick Roberts back too.

He'll have many options, I think. Lower Prem League teams, most obviously Middlesbrough (he can reunite with Negredo). Maybe back to Sevilla. China? Maybe even NYC?

He's done well to stay settled in England for so long, considering he would get homesick just going across Spain in his younger days.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/jesus-navas-im-not-homesick-anymore-now-i-can-focus-my-football

Jesus Navas: I'm not homesick anymore – now I can focus on my football
image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/s...k=Bd5jjNTI&c=cd892c68792533ceb6d923af43492ae7

jesus_navas_kdb_1.jpg

Having overcome homesickness, Jesus Navas and his family are finally settled in England. Felipe Rocha talks to the Spaniard about his aims for the current campaign...

Felipe Rocha

Published
8 January 2016
In a world of football superheroes, Jesus Navas has got the power of running. But although his pace is obvious on the right wing, the diminutive Spaniard runs away from superman stereotypes.

Navas is the human one. From the early stages of his career, the Manchester City wideman suffered from severe homesickness, an anxiety disorder that can't actually be cured.

In 2005, he was forced to call a halt to his involvement in a training camp with former club Sevilla because of homesickness, only 100 kilometres from his home city
. A decade later and much further from the sunny Andalusia, on a grey afternoon in Warrington as he speaks to FourFourTwo, Navas is just fine.

image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/s...ne-image/public/jesus_navas.jpg?itok=FCyXvhu5

jesus_navas.jpg

Having struggled, Navas is settled in Manchester with his family

Now in his third season in England, his homesickness woes are firmly under control.

''There were difficult moments, but I'm happy I could overcome these problems and focus on my football, which means everything to me," Navas tells FFT. ''The truth is that I've settled down well here in England.

"I'm a quiet guy. I like going to the cinema with my wife and going out with my son. It's pretty much the same as what I used to do back home. The weather is different, but I'm here to enjoy playing football and I'm happy with it.''

Playing with competition

Having players like De Bruyne and Sterling is very good for the club. The more top players we've got, the better

Manchester became Navas's new home in June 2013, after he'd appeared in 393 matches for Sevilla. One of his best performances this season was back at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan as City beat his old club 3-1 in the Champions League in November. For many, it might have worked as a reminder of the 30-year-old's capabilities. For the man himself, he's just pleased to contribute to his team's success.

If it looked like he could fall well down the pecking order this season following the arrivals of Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling, Navas has still been a firm part of Manuel Pellegrini's plans.

image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/s...ge/public/jesus_navas_kevin.jpg?itok=1kmQt-s6

jesus_navas_kevin.jpg

Despite the arrivals of De Bruyne and Sterling, Navas still retains a key role within Manuel Pelligrini's City side

''I enjoy every minute on the pitch, I have the manager's belief and that's very important for me," he says. "Having players like De Bruyne and Sterling is very good for the club. The more top players we've got, the better. There are so many games during the season and there are opportunities for all of us.

"I believe we are in a strong position at the moment. We've qualified for the Champions League knockout stages and are fighting at the top of Premier League."

Euros dreamer

That's the top for me – to be able to play for your national team in a big competition

Navas already has one Premier League title to his name as well as the League Cup, two Copa del Reys, two UEFA Cups and the Super Cup at club level, plus the World Cup and the European Championship with Spain.

He is determined to earn a place in Spain's squad for Euro 2016, and help his country to what would be a third successive European Championship crown.

"I will give everything in order to be there in France," he says. "That's the top for me – to be able to play for your national team in a big competition. We have a strong squad. I think we have enough quality and players to win the title. I'm confident Spain can make it again."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...w-i-can-focus-my-football#FOCga46bcOOL2gOL.99

He's done well to stay settled in England for so long, considering he would get homesick just going across Spain in his younger days.

Yeah, that gets overlooked a bit but he deserves great credit for the way he overcame that particular condition. His crossing can frustrate at times, but I've got a lot of time for Navas. He's got a bit of character and has done a good job for us considering the relatively low transfer fee.

Yeah, that gets overlooked a bit but he deserves great credit for the way he overcame that particular condition. His crossing can frustrate at times, but I've got a lot of time for Navas. He's got a bit of character and has done a good job for us considering the relatively low transfer fee.

He's more than played his part for me. We signed him for £15m, and he's scored in a Cup final, and had the bollocks to step up when losing in the shootout v Liverpool.

Ironic how his end product created an assist for a World Cup-winning goal, shame he hasn't done it more often for us. But one of my favourite goals, great technique

[media]<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.