Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be singled out. Put in the best cross of the match. A goal on a plate of anyone wanted it.

Delph, Zabaleta, Fernando, Nolito & De Bruyne when he came on were all worse.
Yes but the problem was he'd spent the previous 89 minutes either on his heels failing to anticipate what was going on in front of him or making a total fuck up of any decent crossing positions. The fans around me had given up expecting anything from him so it wouldn't be a surprise if the players had too.

Yes but the problem was he'd spent the previous 89 minutes either on his heels failing to anticipate what was going on in front of him or making a total fuck up of any decent crossing positions. The fans around me had given up expecting anything from him so it wouldn't be a surprise if the players had too.

I think the guy is awful, but I'm sure the players have a different mindset than us fans.
Pep is the second manager to use him a lot.
The players use him a lot.

So I doubt they stop making runs when he has the ball.

I'm not saying he wasn't shit yesterday, he was. But for my money Delph & Zabaleta were much worse worse yesterday.

hes not good enough, but it can't help that hes barely played all season, was bound to be a bit rusty.
Played loads last season and (I think) earlier this season, in fact didn't he start the most games last season?.... was still worse than useless then.

DGMW he is probably a very likeable, decent and approachable person, sadly takes more than that to be useful on the field.

Other than De Bruyne, you could say the same as the other players I've named.
I think Navas is pretty shit, but every time he plays he puts in some excellent crosses. Not many but some. Yet he gets slated.
He's pretty awful but he's no worse than many that get excused time & time again.
Errr.... seriously, can you name me five decent crosses in the last two seasons? His crossing is absolutely atrocious - people used to accept that because of his work rate and effort.... sorry he should have gone two years ago and has contributed absolutely fuck all in that two year period!

Errr.... seriously, can you name me five decent crosses in the last two seasons? His crossing is absolutely atrocious - people used to accept that because of his work rate and effort.... sorry he should have gone two years ago and has contributed absolutely fuck all in that two year period!

Oddly enough I haven't recorded Navas's best unfinished crosses so I can't name them.
I can tell you he put one in yesterday. He normally puts in one or two excellent crosses.

As I say though, he is pretty turd.

Shame that how his pace has abandoned him. It was not his crosses that were good back then it was his speed to break on the counter that made him a prized asset. He's 31 now so won't have the legs as he did 5 years ago. Him and Zaba used to have a great connection, but when both are coming to the ends of their career we just have to move on.

Anyone knows how many minutes Navas has had on the pitch these last 2 or 3 months? My guess is hardly any.
So is it a surprise he looks like a player that just got back from a long injury?
As for his crossing, yesterday hardly any player showed up in the box for Navas to have a target.

I think both Sterling and Sane have gone past him. But his working rate, defending and the fact that he brings a balance to the side makes him an important squadplayer. He however should be going this summerr and finish his career in better conditions than what he is gonna get here.

Think we've seen his best days (if there really was any). Done nothing of note since scoring that 20 second goal v spuds

A grafter but that's pretty much it. No goals for 3 years in this side is a joke for a winger.

3 more months and he is gone with a few others I would imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.