Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even remotely close to being good enough, wouldn't stand out in a bottom half side.

I agree.

Even if I was fan of someone like Bournemouth I wouldn't want him.

Decent player a few year ago but not anymore. In his twilight.

I honestly wonder what happened between the 2013-14 season where he played great and scored/contributed and 2014-15 season where he becomes afraid to drive at opponents and shoot. The moment I knew Navas was damaged goods was a game against Bournemouth at home, where he had an open goal and he tried to switch it to his right foot to shoot and got blocked. Sums him up basically.

I honestly wonder what happened between the 2013-14 season where he played great and scored/contributed and 2014-15 season where he becomes afraid to drive at opponents and shoot. The moment I knew Navas was damaged goods was a game against Bournemouth at home, where he had an open goal and he tried to switch it to his right foot to shoot and got blocked. Sums him up basically.

He's lost the extra pace that meant that he had an extra yard to make his mind up because he was so much quicker. Also came into a side that although inconsistent, was just playing freely with a free dressing room and going for it. Since he's lost his extra pace he's not had the time or space to make his mind up and has let to a drop in form and confidence which means he's fairly mediocre these days.

170 games - 8 goals, let that sink in, this for a player who is mean't to add a threat. Embarrassing stats. Sooner he returns to Sevilla the better. Not having a single player other than Sergio in double figures is shocking and the reason we will only just scrape top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.