Jesus Navas

Have a fiver each way on scoring in the first half by outrunning the defence and chipping the goalie from 30yds, and putting a sublime cross over in the second, right on to the CF's head who has nowt to do but just stand there.

But credit to the lad, I did thoroughly enjoy his goal v Haringey in the 6-0! Fourteen seconds! I think we should be guaranteed a goal after 14 or 15 secs each game. Nothing quite like that goal of Navas's that calmed the nerves that day!

It was a lovely goal and if you only knew him from that goal you would think he is a natural finisher.

Fond memories of the guy, but I will not miss him tearing down on goal only to change direction in the desperate hope he will not have to shoot and pass over responsibility.

(Another) great squadplayer.
Always gave a 100%.
Somehow brought balance to the Pellegrini-team.
Best rightback last year.
Celebrated his few goals in a somewhat embarrasing way.
If only that final square pass ...

Home-sweet-home for the man. Good luck to him and I hope he breaks the appearances-record at Sevilla.

Not quite top drawer but did a decent job for us and he seems a good sort. After all of his problems with homesickness etc in the past I have a lot of respect for his decision to test himself in the Premier League and it's great for him (and us) that he was rewarded with a Premier League winners medal. Hope he manages to make an impact again at Sevilla and can round off a distinguished career in style at his hometown club. We all know which parts of his game are lacking, but to give him his dues, most footballers would kill for his medal collection.

All the best Jesus Navas. Remember when we signed him and he was at the time, playing in the Confeds Cup for Spain - He looked a Worldy, but never quite reached the heights I expected him too with us.

Always did his best though and that you cannot fault. Good Luck

Never quite fulfilled his potential, perhaps a lack of confidence. Never once felt we were getting less than 100% from him though and I wish him only good things. Thanks Jesus.

Its nice to see so many nice words aimed at Jesus. To be honest I was expecting a lot less due the grief he got from many.

Well done blues.

We grumble at the time but we`re generous really. I will not quickly forget that Navas played his part in that sublime period in 2013-14 during which I, for one, had never seen a City team play such great football. Started with the absolute leathering of Spurs. He scored a goal in which he had basically nothing to aim at, just over Lloris's head.
When he raced down the wing in the first home match of that season and put a perfect cross over, I think it was to Negredo, I just thought, "This is exactly what we needed". Never understood what happened to him in the following seasons. It was a mystery. He seemed to lose a yard of pace, and his confidence in shooting went all to hell.
Best to him for continuation of his career, anyway, if only for that season. A very honest, if limited, footballer. Also, I`m not gay, but I couldn't help noticing that he was an astonishingly handsome man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.