Jesus Navas

well he is assuring a lot of players at the moment.... Nolito , sterling , Navas ..we won't be short of options that's for sure...only not sure of the quality
I think it's fair enough to give him the chance to get back to how he was in his first year here,the last 2 years i think they all had their natural instincts coached out of them

If Pep plays with a front three then they all have to score goals. Navas simply is not a goal scorer no matter how fast he runs or however many times he hits the first defender.

If we sign new players then players have leave. Kolorov, Yaya, Navas, Bony, Fernando, at least one of the CB's, Zabs. Maybe Nasri. A lot of them will be moving in, unless we are planning on not making any signings. With squad limits we just cannot stockpile players who are not automatic first team choices just to see what happens. If we sign four or five or six players then at least that number are going to be replaced.

Pep is coming here to build a winning team and apparently has a huge transfer kitty. He isn't coming to make do with players who either cannot cut it any more or don't have what it takes to play at the level and in the way he expects.

He is also a coach, not a magician. He's not going to wave a magic wand and make Navas into Robben, Mangala into a ball playing CB, Yaya play like he gives a frack or Zabs five years younger. He will have his hands full creating a new team playing his way.

It is the end of an era and the beginning of a new one.

Nonsense his delivery is poor 75% of his crosses are over hit and just go out for throw ins
You're joking 75% hit the first man and go out for a corner.which we may as well kick out for a throw in and put the other team under pressure as the out swinging corners are crap

All I would ask is to wait until mid-season before we begin to assess any of our failing players. Last season most of them had a stinker and those that didn't came out of it with little credit. The reason for this officially leaves the club on June 30th and from thereon in is a new dawn for everyone.

So many players turning to shit en masse can't be sheer coincidence, so just like Sterling, Mangala, Otamendi, Fernando et al, let's see what a proper coach brings and how Navas reacts. We know the limitations of players like Kolarov so for me he can go, the rest should at least be given a season to prove themselves. Evolution not revolution......

Bony?

i wouldn't keep him. I know what he gives the team in terms of balance but Im sure Pep can sort that out without having to play Navas....as an attacking threat he is pretty poor. The amount of chances he wastes is infuriating (both in terms of scoring chances and opportunities to put a decent cross in).

We need better and I really hope Pep doesn't keep him

Nonsense his delivery is poor 75% of his crosses are over hit and just go out for throw ins

He gets the ball out wide, pegs it down the line, looks-up and sees...... absolutely fuck-all other than serge and 6 opposition defenders. Meanwhile the odd City midfielder or two might just be arsed to walk up to the final 3rd a couple of times a game, and usually just as the opposition have arrived in our penalty area mob-handed. The consequence of this inherent lack of mobility, pace, motivation and desire in most of the City midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.