Jihadi John Song

Was there this much outrage over the Wenger is a pedophile chant?

Wouldn't it be hypocritical to find that funny but this offensive? The Wenger chant is about a living person who isn't a wanted a terrorist.

I think a few thought it funny for a while (much like this chant) then in the cold light of day, it became apparent that it's really not so funny at all. Hence nobody sings it any more (bar a handful of fans looking to provoke).

Clearly everybody's got their own set of lines they draw, and if enough deem a chant to be the wrong side of 'decent' it won't be widely adopted.
There's nothing to be done about this current chant than let it take it's natural course - where the majority (I expect) won't adopt it and it will only exist / be brought up when a minority of fans want to draw attention to themselves. Of course I could be wrong, and it takes off massively - in which case, I'll happily remain a minority and abstain!

At home no, I think you're right, the people involved will be too spread out for it to catch, but it was catching in the away end yesterday.

I can't say I was "offended" or "embarrassed" by it, but its still a bit ill advised for a number of reasons.

1. Its not a song for Bacary Sagna, at least not one he deserves, he's been superb for us this season, and deserves a decent song.
2. As mentioned we have a number of French players who won't want to be reminded of that nights events, some of them muslim.
3. If it increases the risk of an attack on The Etihad, City, or even Manchester, by 1/2 of 1 per cent, its 1/2 of 1 per cent too much.

Interestingly we went back to the Compleat Angler after the game, where there was a brilliant atmosphere and sing song amongst the blues who were staying over, there were a couple of efforts at getting this going, and none took off, but virtually every other good song we sing/sang got an airing, including Yaya/Kolo, one Andy Morrison, even T At O got a sing.

Anyone who lets a few, singing this rubbish, ruin their "match day experience" yesterday, really needs to get a grip.

Only just got home, we've had a brilliant weekend, watched City play great football, in a crowd that was as good as I can remember in a long time (home or away), went back to a pub and continued to celebrate until that bent ref gave a penalty to the rag diver (not that that affected the day), had great meal afterwards, finished off last night in wetherspoons at about 1am.

Was in the Compleat Angler after the match too and as you say it was a great evening, good repertoire of City songs celebrating players old and new and the team, old and new, with fans of all ages having a ball

Was on the concourse at half time, getting a beer and saw and heard this being sung.......at that point there wasn't one single person who made a comment whether it should have been sung or not.

The song - it's never going to win the Ivor Novello award, it's not "politically correct" and if it's all people have to moan about from a great day, it shows that City obviously played well.

Social media - so much to answer for.

Cleavers - I live in Norwich now, if you're coming down in March, drop us a PM and I'll buy you a beer......in the Compleat Angler after the match of course!!

All you Stepford wives whining about how it's a disgrace and that those who are singing it are a disgrace need to have your bumps felt.

It's a shit song in bad taste, it doesn't mock or celebrate the death of anyone bar a notorious terrorist.

There's nothing disgraceful about it. It's merely a shit song in bad taste, one that'll hopefully soon die out and be long forgotten about.

The end.

Team allegiances really shouldn't come into it.
Do you really think anyone ever stopped to give a thought about the families of the victims of the Manchester blitz before they piped in with the Uwe's grandad song? Did they bollocks.
You really are confusing a shite football chant from .001% of our community with a declaration of war on the sensibilities of everyone and everything blue.
I have no idea what your on about ?
To make it simple for you ,you see nothing wrong to sing a song about a fellow blues brother and nephew stood next to you in the ground that was beheaded by jihadi john ?
Because its funny ?
Would it be OK to sing stuff about your wife/kids stood next to you if they had died ( hopefully not) in horrendous fashion ?

All you Stepford wives whining about how it's a disgrace and that those who are singing it are a disgrace need to have your bumps felt.

It's a shit song in bad taste, it doesn't mock or celebrate the death of anyone bar a notorious terrorist.

There's nothing disgraceful about it. It's merely a shit song in bad taste, one that'll hopefully soon die out and be long forgotten about.

The end.

Isis are real.

Everyone in the UK is a target.

Thats the real "The end"

Isis are real.

Everyone in the UK is a target.

Thats the real "The end"

We're a target anyway.

We're a high profile PL club owned by a Sheikh from the UAE - people IS despise as they see as not proper Muslims, being in bed with the US, and suppressing the likes of the Muslim Brotherhood.

If you think a shit song sang by a minority of piss pots at a game makes a whole lot of difference then you were clearly in the dark as to the threat posed to us anyway.

The threat is real, accept it or don't. I think it's stupid to get into a fearful panic about this song.

I have no idea what your on about ?
To make it simple for you ,you see nothing wrong to sing a song about a fellow blues brother and nephew stood next to you in the ground that was beheaded by jihadi john ?
Because its funny ?
Would it be OK to sing stuff about your wife/kids stood next to you if they had died ( hopefully not) in horrendous fashion ?
Hyperbolic doesn't even begin to cover it.

I totally agree with the OP and all others who have condemned this idiotic 'song'. There is no place for such shit among football chants and I hope that if the wanker who started it tries to get it going in the future, someone points out the error of his or her ways.

I can't imagine Bacary would be very happy to know that such a exists , considering how he was affected by the events in Paris on that terrible night.

Just don't sing it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.