Jihadi John Song

Read what I wrote.

I don't have a concern. I'm just taking part in the debate. :--)

This is a free country. People can sing what they want. When they sing racist songs, etc, that break the law, the Police, Stewards, and club now get involved.

As for the club? We all know there are certain parts of the media that love to bash the club. They 'may' use this song as an excuse to have another go at the club and the fans. Both are related.Then again they may not.

I'm not going to lie. During my early years just like 1000's of City fans at MR( the old Kippax) and at the Etihad to a lesser extent, I used to sing "Who's that dieing on the runway".

I'm 48. In the 80's and 90's City fan's didn't think twice sbout singing that song. Football and the fan mindset was completely different then.

Being roughly the same age, I'm amazed at how cowed we have become as a population. Brainwashed into feeling guilty in this instance for singing a song celebrating the death of a piece of shit from a evil organisation. It seems it we are doing their job for them.

The original song by the WHU fans I'm sure was sung around the country and I'm sure there were plenty of songs celebrating around the USA when bin laden was got, whether at football games or in the bars.
But this is no longer terrorism, this is a war that won't end in our lifetime. There are hundreds of Brits over there committing horrendous atrocities and thousands more in the UK who would if they could and this is typical around Europe and the world.

Sorry for posting my view, I'd rather be chatting about football.

Being roughly the same age, I'm amazed at how cowed we have become as a population. Brainwashed into feeling guilty in this instance for singing a song celebrating the death of a piece of shit from a evil organisation. It seems it we are doing their job for them.
Bloody hell......you have totally missed the point....I see that you have actually not got a clue about the issue here.

It's not really a celebration though is it? it's just a daft chant of stuff and nonsense that just happens to be about Jihadi John. It's not at thought someone's really sat down, and put pen to paper to offer a well considered riposte to Isis. Arguably that's why so many of us aren't enamoured with the chant - simply because it's not some heartfelt message, it's just a silly chant.

There would be a markedly different response from many fans were it a properly thought out action. Even so, it would seem that large numbers of supporters would rather just not mix football and politics at all.

I think we need to stop confusing this chant with something deep and meaningful. It's just a childish ditty that seemingly entertained a fair few fans for a short while, but in the cold light of day is a bit naff. I don't think anybody's really believed it was meant to be offensive, and probably many have taken offence too easily too, but I think most of those who did chant it would be hard pressed to justify continuing it. We've got a far better chants, and there'll be far wittier and more apt ones to come (I hope!)

it's just a daft chant of stuff and nonsense that just happens to be about Jihadi John.
Sadly, those who created it, did so about Bacary Sagna, a City player, no one on here gives a shit about jihadi john (a media inspired name anyway, and not his).

Bacary has been great for us this season, and deserves a song, but not this one.

I think a few thought it funny for a while (much like this chant) then in the cold light of day, it became apparent that it's really not so funny at all. Hence nobody sings it any more (bar a handful of fans looking to provoke).

Clearly everybody's got their own set of lines they draw, and if enough deem a chant to be the wrong side of 'decent' it won't be widely adopted.
There's nothing to be done about this current chant than let it take it's natural course - where the majority (I expect) won't adopt it and it will only exist / be brought up when a minority of fans want to draw attention to themselves. Of course I could be wrong, and it takes off massively - in which case, I'll happily remain a minority and abstain!

A few sang it in the ground at Norwich for a few minutes, but it didn't take. Those around me looked at each other with a 'what's that all about' expression on their faces, and that was that.

5 or 6 young lads in their 20's were belting it out outside the ground before the game, having a whale of a time, but I thought what has Sagna got to do with bombs being dropped.

I don't think it will be a classic terrace chant anytime soon. Too many people seemed uncomfortable listening to it.

Are you so retarded you don't know who the song is about, seriously???
Read the post before posting shit like that I'm very aware who the song is about are you aware you stand next to his victims family in the south stand,??
Enjoy singing it !!!!!

Last edited:
Theres some very sheltered people around these days. Gotta be pretty sad to offended or worried by some lads singing that. As for the lad saying it might make us a target get a grip ffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.