Jihadi John Song

Spot on Marvin. It has been good at Norwich and Everton that our fans have really got behind the team. The atmosphere at most of the aways this season had been disappointing!

The away atmosphere was at its worst at Stoke and it's best for a long time at Norwich, and not all performance related. For me, Norwich was a great away day. A few old school songs returned, the Poznan made an appearance, the sense of humour was back and the enjoyment was evident. Where we were in K Block was a brilliant laugh and not down to any younger element, us old 'uns were having a ball. The Norwich fans were visibly laughing at our antics and they even took the piss out of themselves by singing along to OUR songs.

So, maybe the Jihadi John song is in a bit of bad taste, but most football chants are daft (ours dafter than most) and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.

German bombs killed hundreds of Mancunians in WW2, but plenty of us sing about Uwe's grandad without a second thought for the families that suffered as a consequence. Maybe the PC brigade can explain why that song's tolerated but a stupid little ditty about a dead terrorist is going to result in the Etihad getting wiped off the face of the earth?

We're doomed, I tell yer...doomed..

The away atmosphere was at its worst at Stoke and it's best for a long time at Norwich, and not all performance related. For me, Norwich was a great away day. A few old school songs returned, the Poznan made an appearance, the sense of humour was back and the enjoyment was evident. Where we were in K Block was a brilliant laugh and not down to any younger element, us old 'uns were having a ball. The Norwich fans were visibly laughing at our antics and they even took the piss out of themselves by singing along to OUR songs.

So, maybe the Jihadi John song is in a bit of bad taste, but most football chants are daft (ours dafter than most) and I personally wouldn't have it any other way.

German bombs killed hundreds of Mancunians in WW2, but plenty of us sing about Uwe's grandad without a second thought for the families that suffered as a consequence. Maybe the PC brigade can explain why that song's tolerated but a stupid little ditty about a dead terrorist is going to result in the Etihad getting wiped off the face of the earth?

Brilliant. Hadn't thought about Uwe's Grandad one. Surely end of debate but watch some PC cock put us right

I always have a great time at Norwich away and I'm closer to the old uns than the young uns lol. I agree it was a great atmosphere on Saturday!

Not the best song. When I first heard it I definitely felt a bit weird. Its not right to bring Sagna into it either. Its a huge issue and its something bigger than football let alone football songs. Some things are too big to be talking or sung about in a jovial mood or for fun.
Like WW2?

Remember Blackburn away just after we won the cup or beating them lot in the semi and "who put the ball in the Munich Net" ( I think it was that tune anyway ) echoed around Ewood Park , nearly everyone there that night sang it , next day City fans on here saying it was a disgrace but it was only sang by 1 or 2 ???

Anyone want my ticket for Wednesday , am shitting it cause a few lads sang a tune about Jihadi John and I think ISIS are going to blow the ground up

tumblr_inline_mq4y16AQjQ1qz4rgp.gif

Yellow bastards.

That's fair enough and personally I wouldn't be inclined to join in with it myself but does this "bringing back bad memories" thing extend to all the media outlets that mention Jihadi John?
What about My Grandad bombed Old Trafford ? how many people from Manchester died in the war ? .I think people are getting a bit over protective

What about My Grandad bombed Old Trafford ? how many people from Manchester died in the war ? .I think people are getting a bit over protective

Not sure why you're addressing me mate as that's something I've alluded to more than once in this thread - I said the other day that I doubt a single City fan has ever objected to the "Uwe's grandad bombed Old Trafford" song.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.