Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
Which 'nearly' top side do you think he would get more game time at? I believe you can rule out the Dippers and Arsenal.

It's funny, having watched a fair bit of the dippers in the last month one thing i'd say is that Henderson is a much better central midfield player than our Jimmy. Would be hilarious if he went there then found himself being rotated in and out of the side!

Its a close call but I agree,plus Henderson will not be shifted as he's the heir apparent to Stevie's throne........

On a side,regarding Henderson,we backed the wrong horse with Rodwell.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
His hunger to win trophies, play for a top side, etc is if he chooses to move to Liverpool. That's the point I think Stony's making rather than his 'hunger' when he takes the field.

Perhaps he thinks it's better to play for a nearly top side than not play for a top side.

Now we have all players fit and available I doubt he'll start many more games. Add a few decent new signings in the Summer and he'll probably be further away still from the starting line up.

I don't want to go round in circles but Milner has fuck all guarantees that he'll play week in and week out at Liverpool or at Arsenal. He has played consistently throughout his time at City whilst players have come and gone. This decision of his from the outside seems incomprehensible to me. Leaving arguably the best team in the country where he currently is playing as regularly as anyone else to drop down in quality for maybe half a dozen extra games a season.

Makes me think this isn't about football but about money. If that's the case fuck him the mercenary c**t.

Liverpool isn't a huge step down in my opinion (though step down it is). Maybe he has been assured that he would get more football there. Maybe they are looking to have him fill Gerrard's shoes or at least have told him that.

It may well be due to money and there's nothing wrong with that. All of our players are here because of money and I'm sure if we hadn't offered Silva etc what they wanted financially they would have been off too.

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:
Which 'nearly' top side do you think he would get more game time at? I believe you can rule out the Dippers and Arsenal.

It's funny, having watched a fair bit of the dippers in the last month one thing i'd say is that Henderson is a much better central midfield player than our Jimmy. Would be hilarious if he went there then found himself being rotated in and out of the side!

To say Henderson is a much better central midfield player Jimmy is extreme. For me there's not a lot between them.

Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:

I would wish Jimmy all the best if he decides to go except for when he is playing us. Shame you seem so bitter about it.

Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
stony said:
I honestly don't believe that an extra year on his contract is what is holding this deal up. If it is true, then I don't want him. If he'd rather have an extra few quid than some more medals, then the hunger has gone and we're right not to give in to him.

I think he made his mind up a while ago and everything that is coming out now is just bullshit and bluster so the fans don't give him any grief.
Don't get me wrong, I want him to sign. But, I want a hungry player who is eager to add more medals to his collection, and not someone happy with what he's won so far and whose biggest concern is that he might not be able to afford a Bugatti Veyron once he's retired and will have to make do with an AstonMartin.

I think Milner's performances this season show that, no matter what the reason for him not signing his contract, his hunger is certainly not lacking.

His hunger to win trophies, play for a top side, etc is if he chooses to move to Liverpool. That's the point I think Stony's making rather than his 'hunger' when he takes the field.

agreed. his hunger is in him, of course in would be cranked up to impress would be suitors. you or I would do the same.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
FantasyIreland said:

I would wish Jimmy all the best if he decides to go except for when he is playing us. Shame you seem so bitter about it.

I'm sure 99% of blues would wish him the best, like we do with all ex-players and managers

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Perhaps he thinks it's better to play for a nearly top side than not play for a top side.

Now we have all players fit and available I doubt he'll start many more games. Add a few decent new signings in the Summer and he'll probably be further away still from the starting line up.

I don't want to go round in circles but Milner has fuck all guarantees that he'll play week in and week out at Liverpool or at Arsenal. He has played consistently throughout his time at City whilst players have come and gone. This decision of his from the outside seems incomprehensible to me. Leaving arguably the best team in the country where he currently is playing as regularly as anyone else to drop down in quality for maybe half a dozen extra games a season.

Makes me think this isn't about football but about money. If that's the case fuck him the mercenary c**t.

Liverpool isn't a huge step down in my opinion (though step down it is). Maybe he has been assured that he would get more football there. Maybe they are looking to have him fill Gerrard's shoes or at least have told him that.

It may well be due to money and there's nothing wrong with that. All of our players are here because of money and I'm sure if we hadn't offered Silva etc what they wanted financially they would have been off too.

Maybe he's been told he'll get the keys to Anfield too. Doesn't mean it'll happen. I'm sure Balo would've been 'sold' the idea that he was going to be number 1 to fill Suarez's shoes there. Lovren can't even get cup games and he was brought in as their number 1 centre half in the summer.

Oh and please don't mistake my disdain for Milner's decision as bitterness. I have my days where I think "ah well good luck to him", but also have days like today where I can't help but laugh at him for wanting to leave City to go to the dippers.

We had years where players leaving was normal because we couldn't keep them or they had no reasons to stay. Those days IMO are long gone and I think it's only right that I take the piss out of anyone who would prefer to play at Liverpool and leave City especially after the medals we've delivered the lad.

chris85mcfc said:
like we do with all ex-players and managers

1239lqv.gif

chris85mcfc said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:

I'm sure 99% of blues would wish him the best, like we do with all ex-players and managers

If he walks on a free and signs for Liverpool, he can fuck right off.

chris85mcfc said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Mister Appointment said:

*stops sticking knives into Danny Mills doll*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.