JJIAC

billymumphrey

In the spirit of the Simon Stone thread - Jamie Jackson take a bow son.

From the Guardians 10 Talking Points Column, our good friend Jamie Jackson covered the City v Sunderland game. Naturally I expected the talking point to be Hart, Manchester City and England's No 1, being dropped by Pep and his future being openly questioned. Surely, to every man, that would logically be the biggest talking point from the game?

You would think so, but no, apparently it was Lamine Kone's great performance and whether or not Sunderland would be able to retain his services.

8) Sunderland would do well to keep hold of Koné
Lamine Koné impressed in Sunderland’s 2-1 defeat at Manchester City on Saturday. The 27-year-old had handed in a transfer request on the back of Everton’s interest. While David Moyes claimed the player subsequently distanced himself from this, the manager was clear there would be no truck with Koné. “I’ve dealt with one or two of them before at my previous clubs,” the Scot said. “I’m quite relaxed about it. As I’ve said, we received an offer from Everton, but also we said we would give him a contract on 1 September. We just feel that I’ve been in the job three weeks and we’re trying to add players to the club, the player has got a four-year contract and has been here only six months. “I don’t think it would be outrageous to ask him to wait another couple of weeks just to the end of the window so that we can try and concentrate on what we are doing just now. I’ve had a private conversation with Bill Kenwright [Everton chairman] and they are private conversations. But the boy is very happy.” There are two weeks remaining of the window, though, so it may be wisest to file the Koné situation under “wait and see”. Jamie Jackson

You couldn't make this up.

JJIAC

Think you're reading far too much into it. The whole Hart scenario was known well before the game and I don't get why any City fan would be bothered that a journalist didn't speculate on a City player's future (Although instead of a few column inches, he actually wrote a whole article on it 2 days ago). He's commented on a player whose future is in doubt and had a pretty good game against one of the best teams in the league.

I can't stand JJIAC and his propensity to mention the rags in every City article he writes, but I think you're reading too much into this.

Good to see that Daniel Taylor has got more of the City reporting duties than JJIAC recently, hope that continues.

There's nothing wrong with that article. It doesn't mention us. It doesn't mention the rags. Storm. Teacup.

As the other poster said, hopefully Daniel Taylor gets some more stuff. He seems a fairly level headed lad.

Haven't read anything in this thread but going off the title , I agree .

JizzyJazz is a ****!

I was mightily impressed with that corner he took at the end. That must have taken months of practice. Or had he been watching MCFC corners from the last couple of seasons?

The tenor of the article is to take an issue that has nothing to do with the fact that his side lost. Can you imagine the Rags winning 2-1 and then the main thread of the article is one of the opposition? We know what these cnuts are upto. They are like newly cleaned windows!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.