João Cancelo

BlueDejong

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia...-fichaje-valencia-manchester-city/270485.html

Manchester City has its eye on João Cancelo
Begiristain looking side for next summer and is closely following the great moment of the Portuguese Valencia

The first month and a half of competition has distinguished João Cancelo as one of the great revelations of the new Valencia. Despite the turbulence when it goes across the team, the young Portuguese side is using every opportunity presented to trigger Nuno its huge offensive potential and appearances like the one caught on to the Granada put it right in the middle of the sight glass clubs of the highest order in the international arena. Has been told Superdeporte, Manchester City is underway right now about all track movements gates. Txiki Begiristain is already looking to right side this summer because it believes that Bacary Sagna and Pablo Zabaleta, the two that have in their squad, have already entered the final stretch of his career, something that does not fit with the idea of competing in a under heavy braking. Thirties and beyond plan is to dispense at least one of them and incorporate one that is young and a strong offensive vocation.

The City has his eye on gates. The profile is traced and Portuguese has been included in a first triad "is own work in September on a technical secretariat" with other players such as Hector Bellerín, Arsenal or Fabinho, Monaco. The British club would finish to shore up a defense that cement have added this past transfer market incorporating and retaining Mangala Otamendi and pointed the right lane as a priority in strengthening. Cancel, who arrived on loan from Benfica last season, was acquired in property by Valencia in the early summer for 15 million euros and the idea of the club is to continue in the template. Executives of the City are aware and that sign right next summer side is a real need and have given the green light to start planning the incorporation of the side of the present and the future, an operation for which they are willing to make a great economic effort: a payout of around 30 to 40 million euros.

Last edited:
superdeporte is also quite reliable for Valencia news. Makes sense though, Sagna is 33 in Feb and Zabaleta 31 in Jan.

Ship off Sagna in the summer and keep Zabaleta as back up or first choice and then couple of years later someone from the academy could replace Zabaleta, possibly Maffeo?

fabinho>>>>

was gutted we bottled him and sandro in the summer. future elite players

Can't see it happening tbh as he's just starting to win the battle with Barragan to be Valencia's first choice RB. Not sure he'll make it as a rightback tbh as his defending is very shaky, while his attacking is genuinely outstanding. A bit like a right sided Angelino but bigger, quicker and a more skilfull dribbler, but similarly one sided when it comes to attacking talent versus defensive talent. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does a Gareth Bale and moves forward, as he is outstanding with the ball, with fantastic delivery and exceptional dribbling for a fullback and his defending, although improving, leaves a lot to be desired. His crossing is probably up there with Angelino's for being the best you'll see from a fullback.

He would make a nice tandem with Maffeo though I suppose, with Maffeo being the solid defensive one and Cancelo being the all out attack option, but I can't imagine it's true. Another Jorge Mendes client being linked with us, he does this a lot.

Can't see it happening tbh as he's just starting to win the battle with Barragan to be Valencia's first choice RB. Not sure he'll make it as a rightback tbh as his defending is very shaky, while his attacking is genuinely outstanding. A bit like a right sided Angelino but bigger, quicker and a more skilfull dribbler, but similarly one sided when it comes to attacking talent versus defensive talent. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he does a Gareth Bale and moves forward, as he is outstanding with the ball, with fantastic delivery and exceptional dribbling for a fullback and his defending, although improving, leaves a lot to be desired. His crossing is probably up there with Angelino's for being the best you'll see from a fullback.

He would make a nice tandem with Maffeo though I suppose, with Maffeo being the solid defensive one and Cancelo being the all out attack option, but I can't imagine it's true. Another Jorge Mendes client being linked with us, he does this a lot.

Agree with this, I hope that we move for Fabinho. Cancelo is very poor defensively, the talent is there mind.

We were linked with him a few years back if I remember, before he even broke into the Benfica team as well if I remember correctly so I imagine our scout reports on him are quite extensive.

If indeed we go for Guardiola next season I do think we will see a 3-4-3 and variations of it so I wonder if indeeed we will be looking for more of an attacking wingback instead of a more defensive minded fullback.

I think both Angelino and Denayer are going to thrive with Guardiola because I think Angelino is a better wingback than fullback and Denayer is perfectly suited to be a ball playing central defender in a back three, he could be our Pique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.