'Jo' Shares Some Moments from his Time at the Club

MCFC1993

Quote from before the 6-0 win against Portsmouth said:
"Then Robinho looked at the guys and said to me, ‘F***, Jô, are we going to play rugby? Look at the size of the guys’ (laughs). I just replied: ‘Yes, Robinho, welcome to the English League"
http://sportwitness.co.uk/f-jo-going-play-rugby-former-man-city-player-great-stories-time-club/

Got to say what a disappointment he was, came to England with 29 goals in 54 Russian League appearances. I was expecting a speedy, strong, skilful Brazilian who had scored a peach the year before against Inter Milan, safe to say we got none of that.

Can't confirm if he's still Cup Tied or not though...?

Last edited:
He makes it sound like after his loan he was one of our main players.

Wonder how Sven would have used him and if he'd have been a success, clueless wouldn't have helped him much.

Haha, don't really remember him being as influential after his spell in Turkey as he makes out.

Scored a decent goal in a Europa Cup game, and one put on a plate against Portsmouth...can't remember any more??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.