Job satisfaction or a means to an end:

What do these medicals entail?
Do they just get them to do a couple of press ups and touch their toes?
Do they check for psychosis for instance?

Before the medical we are heavily accessed to see if we are fit for purpose.
Written practical and theory.

Been in my current job about nine years and it is pure delight. I get to dress up like Eddie Merckx, hop on me bike and pedal down the Rochdale Canal, double up Sir Isaac Newton Way and then back down to the Canal with a stop off at The Olive and PIckle overlooking Hollingworth Lake. It's a bit of a dirty job, particularly when the chain comes off and yer haven't got a pair of surgical gloves handy, but for the benefit of mankind I take it on!

I absolutely adore what I do for a living. Every single day. I think it's partly because it's a second (or arguably a fourth) career. I think people get jaded doing the same job all their working life, however enjoyable it may be at the outset. I also appreciate it because the career change followed my business going bust and me going bankrupt, as well as my marriage breaking up. They were dark days, but they make me cherish every single day, now I'm on the other side.

I do realise how lucky I am. It's all too easy glibly telling people to leave a career behind, if they don't enjoy it. Life is rarely that simple.

I absolutely adore what I do for a living. Every single day. I think it's partly because it's a second (or arguably a fourth) career. I think people get jaded doing the same job all their working life, however enjoyable it may be at the outset. I also appreciate it because the career change followed my business going bust and me going bankrupt, as well as my marriage breaking up. They were dark days, but they make me cherish every single day, now I'm on the other side.

I do realise how lucky I am. It's all too easy glibly telling people to leave a career behind, if they don't enjoy it. Life is rarely that simple.
If you don't mind me asking what do you do?
I also have my own business and absolutely love it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.